Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big news!!! I get to dog-sit a beautiful 4 year old golden during the holidays! 3 Goldens in my household and time off to swim, hike and play (please don't rain!). I am so excited, my tail is wagging. I pick him up from his boarding kennel xmas eve, the earliest I can take him! He is coming over This Sunday to play and get use to us a bit! Yeahhhh, a trully golden Christmas!

Meet Max, 4 year old handsome fella...he is going to have such a good time at my house! This picture is him sunning himself in his tiny backyard. He is going to be SPOILED!

Attachments

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Very fun. He will certainly have a much better time being with you!!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Angelina

Angelina

Good for you-Max is just beautiful!! Is he a "rescue," you will be babysitting for?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, he is a friend's dog. I would love to do rescues but cannot with a full time job and an older female who does not take kindly to change. I'm only able to do this because I do not have to work between xmas an NY. It will be an adventure to see what it is like having 3.

Max was passed around a few times before landing with his current mom and dad. He is a real daddy's dog as his dad works at home all day and he hates being outside. So we will see how he does. Generally my dogs are with me, inside or out unless they are soaking wet after a swim so should not be a problem. I'll have to make sure there are no squabbles about toys, bones and that they do not play too rough. He has come over for playdates in the past so I do not foresee problems but that is why he is coming this weekend, to make sure. I don't know if Cannella will even remember him, she was new to us the last time he came.

Beautiful 67 degrees in San Francisco right now, almost balmy. I hope it is like this in another 3 weeks but could go either way. Either beautiful and clear or rain...

Back to work.....K

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
I love Max's photo, it is all about enjoying life in the moment.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I'm getting a relative's young lab (2+ y/o) next week for 10 days (I'm taking off work). I'm super excited, too...& see if it quells my desire for dog #3. She's always with her retired parents...I hope to wear her out so she's too happy/tired to miss her folks. I'll let you know any problems/"should haves" I encounter.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
He is just gorgeous!! Please post pictures of everyone is action. I could never bring another dog into our home. Ruby doesn't take well to another in her territory.

·
Super Moderator Leader
49,614 Posts
Max is a good looking guy, hope everything goes well and everyone has lots of fun together. Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Boy, I wish I knew someone like you. We are going away after Christmas and I am just sick with worrying about what to do about Brooks. I have a son who "might" stay at our house some of the time, but we will be gone 10 days and I just cannot have Brooks in a kennel all that time. I checked to see if a neighbor kid can stay here, but they are going away. It is a huge thing to trust someone with your animals and in your home, or even to let your dog go to someone's home.
I'll bet your friends are so happy to have you!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
What a lucky girl you are! I'll be praying for nice weather so you guys can all have a ball playing. Maybe you can take him to the waterfall. :curtain:

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
No, he is a friend's dog. I would love to do rescues but cannot with a full time job and an older female who does not take kindly to change. I'm only able to do this because I do not have to work between xmas an NY. It will be an adventure to see what it is like having 3.

Max was passed around a few times before landing with his current mom and dad. He is a real daddy's dog as his dad works at home all day and he hates being outside. So we will see how he does. Generally my dogs are with me, inside or out unless they are soaking wet after a swim so should not be a problem. I'll have to make sure there are no squabbles about toys, bones and that they do not play too rough. He has come over for playdates in the past so I do not foresee problems but that is why he is coming this weekend, to make sure. I don't know if Cannella will even remember him, she was new to us the last time he came.

Beautiful 67 degrees in San Francisco right now, almost balmy. I hope it is like this in another 3 weeks but could go either way. Either beautiful and clear or rain...

Back to work.....K
Hi--I'm in the Bay Area too. Where do you swim your dogs? I'm always looking for new places.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So nice to have fellow golden retriever fanatics who understand! OutWest, we are over in Novato and we have a salt water lagoon connected to the Petaluma river (so it is brackish) in our community. We also go out to Pt.Reyes to the beaches to swim and tomorrow I'll be checking out a park up in Napa. Where do you take yours?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
So nice to have fellow golden retriever fanatics who understand! OutWest, we are over in Novato and we have a salt water lagoon connected to the Petaluma river (so it is brackish) in our community. We also go out to Pt.Reyes to the beaches to swim and tomorrow I'll be checking out a park up in Napa. Where do you take yours?
I take them down to the lagoon here in San Mateo, and at some point will try the Bay. The lagoon is not always so clean, so we're careful there. I've picked up info about a beach in Half Moon Bay that's supposed to be nice ("near Sam's Chowder House"), and recently we took the dogs to the little (very little) beach on Treasure Island. The latter worked out really well. Only accessible by a steep set of steps. We put someone on the steps to keep the dogs at bay and let them have the run of the place. They had a blast, and it was the bay water which is clean. Have also joined the meet-up group for Bay Area GR owners, but haven't hiked with them yet. Tucker just isn't good enough on a leash to pull that off...but soon! I will check out the link you added. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Boy, oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...only one more week until I pick up Max for the holidays! This Sunday he and his mom is coming over for a hike this time then she will be off on her travels next week and he will be in a kennel for 4 days. Then I will 'rescue' him next Sat (xmas eve) and bring him home...hoping he will not be too stressed out since he now knows us and the dogs. She keeps asking me have I changed my mind....um no, I may be out of my mind but come on, who wouldn't want 3 goldens for Christmas???

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
How FUN!!!!!!! I am soooo jealous!!!!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I am jealous of your handsome puppy!!! :)
someday....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would love to maybe after the holidays but with a 'guest' dog and visitors in and out it is not going to be a good time. (my friend is coming down from Oregon for 5 days). Best to wait until I just have my two but thank you! I am going to have to be very diligent the two girls and Max get along and have no arguements as it is.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts