Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! :wavey:

Here's a video of my girl Aja at 7 weeks. She learned all this in 3 days.. I wish I could say it's from my awesome skills, but I'm 99% positive it had to do with the piece of chicken in my hand. :D

This video is her at 10 weeks, making awesome progress!

She really is a super smart dog and I'm running out of ideas for tricks to teach her. Any suggestions on something fun?

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
So young and so smart. You gonna have a lots of fun with her.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She really is the sweetest girl. She's got a few problems (like she can't go outside without putting EVERYTHING in her mouth at least once) and jumping in the shower/bathtub anytime she hears the water turned on (which is pretty hilarious when your house guests don't know to keep the bathroom door locked shut) but other than those few things she's really a great dog.

·
Yuki's mom...Syd
687 Posts
omg...thats so like Yuki when he was young..i mean when he was 6-7 weeks old lol

she is adorable give her my love and kisses.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Great job Aja and Mom!

I hope you don't mind a few tips.

Using the food/treat as a lure a few times puts the pup in position. Then the food goes away. Hide your food/treat in a pocket, a bait bag, behind your back, in a bowl up high. This way Aja doesn't focus on the food and learns to give the behavior without the food. As soon as she does offer the behavior then present the food/treat/toy and or praise.

You want Aja to focus on you not the food. :)

The pups are little sponges the sky is the limit on what you can teach them.

Aja is adorable. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts