Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mom to Artemis & Justice
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just checking to see if anyone has heard pros or cons about the following breeders.

I'm looking at a possible upcoming litter from a Cross Creek (NY) dog (Tweed) and an Overlook (CT) female, Sunday. Everything looks really in order to me. Health clearances look good (to me) and both owners have been a pleasure to work with. Unfortunately since I've been burned before, I'm maybe overly cautious.

I've also seen Proud Foot Creams out of PA. Haven't looked really closely at them yet, but I'm not getting a super good feeling like I have with those above.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Cross Creek Goldens is Chris Miele. She is an AKC agility judge and I have trialed under her. I understand she has a very good reputation in the agility and Golden arenas. Tweed is the grandson of a famous English dog who I think of as the epitome of Golden looks!

I am assuming the girl is Overlooks a Sunday in Autumn who has all her clearances although you will need to ask for an updated CERF (on OFA hers is dated 2010).

·
Mom to Artemis & Justice
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Selli-Belle. I'm trying to check all the right things this time, but it can be overwhelming and confusing switching from web page to web page. I did rule out quite a few that way though! I appreciate your help!

·
Mom to Artemis & Justice
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More breeder questions

Has anyone dealt with any of the following breeders?
Meg and Jim Hoffman, Fonda, NY
Rivers Edge Kennels, Swedesboro, NJ
Dejon Kennels, Leechburg, Pa

There are so many... I'm so confused

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would like to know if you found any info on Meg and Jim Hoffman. I can't seem to find anything. What type of breeder are they?

·
Mom to Artemis & Justice
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to know if you found any info on Meg and Jim Hoffman. I can't seem to find anything. What type of breeder are they?
I believe they are BYB. Although I'm really looking to find a puppy ASAP, I don't want to get into problems with dogs without hips/elbows/eyes and heart certs. It's looking like I'm going to be waiting longer than I'd like. I communicated with them and they do hips only, the male's hips aren't done yet as he isn't two yet. Plus the pedi scared me too as the sire's great-grand is the same on both sides. Not sure that is an issue, but I really want certs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts