Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knocked over a picture last night fetching Nellie's ball from under the couch. Too lazy to pick it up; didn't think about it. About 15 minutes later I hear a crunch, crunch. I guess she thought it was fair game! The good thing about it is the first reaction was "Nellie No!" and "Leave it". Her reaction was the downward head and the upward eyes. She is finally feeling bad about doing bad! When we got her a year ago all her previous owners did was yell at her and lock her up so she was immune to verbal correction. Now she really is trying not to do bad... and of course we rarely scold her and recognize it was our (my) fault!

So of course we made up quickly and I just found another to replace it with ($30.). Love my dogs!

Attachments

·
Megan, Moose's Mom
746 Posts
you didn't know if it was on the floor its fair game? lol .. it's a rule moose tells me every gr has and they must follow it ! lol

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What you all don't understand is Angelina, my elder, is truely that...a little angel....

She has never, ever, ever chewed one thing in the house she is not suppose to. I can put a piece of steak on the floor and tell her to leave it and she will.

We can (and do during holidays), put cookies etc out on the coffee table and she will not touch it.

But, she is not Nellie, who really is trying very hard....

Someone must have told her about that GR rule...

·
Registered
56 Posts
What you all don't understand is Angelina, my elder, is truely that...a little angel....

She has never, ever, ever chewed one thing in the house she is not suppose to. I can put a piece of steak on the floor and tell her to leave it and she will.

We can (and do during holidays), put cookies etc out on the coffee table and she will not touch it.

But, she is not Nellie, who really is trying very hard....

Someone must have told her about that GR rule...
WHAT?! If I put coffee on my coffee table Skippy will stick his big ole tongue in it and try to have it. I am lucky I can (almost) keep him off our dinner table :bowl:

Angelina has superior self control or she's on a diet you don't know about hehe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts