Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
So has the old stone wall, and it's been levelled (ish...) and grass seeded. Best we could do in lockdown. Fingers crossed the 'god rays' (sunshine) will help them germinate.... :0)

·
Registered
177 Posts
My better-half is also in education. Fortunately, she has continued to be paid and is now teaching via online/distance learning. I have been working from home, but also have been fortunate in that my paycheck has not been disrupted.

But...

We have always planned on getting a golden "when we had more time to devote to a puppy". With our schools initially closing in March, and the follow-on announcement that they'd stay closed for the remainder of the school year, we had a window-of-opportunity to act on our "when we had more time..." plan.

So, we kicked "future plans" into here-and-now mode, and were able to find a puppy. We've spent quite a bit of our time with everyone getting used to each other.

Kona in "full on 'flaps up' mode"! (DSLRs with high frame rates rock!)

Kona "on the prowl"...

Kona doing something she does fairly well, "just chillin', and lookin' darn cute too boot"!

One last pic...

My FB wall has been pretty much filled with #KonaKraziness and #KonaKuteness posts. :D

·
Registered
177 Posts
Adorable :0)
I am, quite egotistically, assuming that you are reacting to our Kona! 😂

In the 4 weeks that Kona has been with us...
  • We're constantly getting stopped on walks with comments on how adorable/cute/pretty she is
  • At 6 months, we're also getting comments on how well-behaved she is
  • We've discovered another female golden (7 months) on our block
  • The other golden is named "Maui". We now refer to them as the "Hawaii girls"
  • Kona has yet to send us texts on COVID, or post nonsense to our FB pages
Cheers!

·
Registered
139 Posts
It sounds like you've done a wonderful job of choosing a breeder and a puppy, and raising her through her first few months - especially negotiating with covid19.
:0)
They grow up so fast - enjoy every moment!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts