Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Inactive
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the computer just now, Scout comes over and pulls the cord out of its socket (first time she has ever done that) and starts screaming and really freaking out like I have never seen. I looked her over really good, and she looks fine--no burns in her mouth that I can tell. But could she have been electrocuted from that? She is acting fine now--but should I worry more? I am totally freaked out right now...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Sounds to me that she got shocked and she is fine. If she was electrocuted she would be dead or passed out. I bet it scared her (and you) pretty bad. I doubt she will be doing that again. I am glad she is ok.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,316 Posts
Bet she won't do that anymore, I had one that done that Spice chewed a the cord and got electrocuted..that was it never did that again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,129 Posts
Bet she got zapped. My son turned on a light with a wet finger and reacted similarly to your Scout. I've done it myself. Its hurts like the dickens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,252 Posts
She probably didnt get electrocuted but a good shock from it. Hopefully she has learned something by it and wont do that again. Crazy girl, why do they like to scare us like that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
Keep checking her mouth is OK. Puppies with mouth burns from cables are very common at vet offices.

If possible move the cables or conceal them...might not be so lucky next time. Vacuum cleaner cords often prove appealing I would imagine because they move.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,195 Posts
oh geez, what a scare! good thing puppies are tough!
Hope she's doing okay this morning.
Sheeesh.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,438 Posts
Hope Scout is doing fine! They are so attracted to computer cords. Now that it happened, hopefully a good lesson came along with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,319 Posts
IF she seems ok that's good. I'd mention it at your net visit to the vet. She might have felt a surge of electricity which can hurt...they can also cause damage if it's a big surge. But it sounds like Scout got a shock...poor baby.

I guess Scout was telling you it was time to get off the computer.
 

·
Inactive
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, I decided while google is a blessing it is also a curse--reading about all the bad things that could happen if your dog is electrocuted freaked me out.

She is perfectly fine this morning, and all I can say is that this dog is giving me gray hairs.
 

·
Gone to the Goldens ;)
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
I'm glad to hear that Scout is okay.

Goodness, why do our Goldens have to scare us like that.

I hope she learned her lesson and won't try that again!
 

·
They get it
Joined
·
4,446 Posts
Whew, I'm glad Scout is okay this morning. What a scare. However, thank you and Scout for remininding us that our pups can make the most mundane thing dangerous. Thankfully my boys are older now and not as chewy (course they have a toy box full of stuff to "get into"). Still, when we get complacent is when the trouble usually occurs.

Give Scout a hug from us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,005 Posts
This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask, but always forget...

Is there a documented, proper way to give a dog CPR ?
 

·
Humankind. Be both.
Joined
·
7,650 Posts
This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask, but always forget...

Is there a documented, proper way to give a dog CPR ?
Yes. If you take a good pet first aid/CPR class, you can learn how.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top