Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine from our walking group's husband killed himself this morning. He seemed to be the happiest guy you will ever meet. I went to Sam's to get a lunch tray and got broadsided by a girl that ran a red light. Godspeed those airbags but they hurt.

Evidently Doug had been having anxiety problems that I did not know about. He leaves kids 14 and 12 and my good friend Dianne. I have been touched by suicide before, please ask your SO's to let you know if they don't want to live anymore.

I dropped some food by (after the tow) and I can say I have never left a more bereft group. Oh God, buckets of tears here.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I'm sorry. What an awful situation for you and your friend's family. Suicide is such a horrible thing, and I think it's extra hard for people to cope with. I'm sorry. :(

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
I am so sorry for your friend and her family. My brother commited suicide and the pain, especially my parents', was so difficult to get through. I will be keeping them, and you, in my prayers.

Take some Ibroprofin as you'll be sore in the morning.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'm so sorry for your friend, her family, and all of you who were close to him. Such a particularly hard loss to deal with.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
My heart goes out to your friend and her family.
Keeping you all in my prayers.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
OMG Marcy, how horrific. Please know that prayers of strength and peace are coming from our house. I'm so so sorry.

Take care of yourself too. It may take a day or two to realize any soreness from the accident. Motrin will be your friend.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Glad you are ok....good thing your furbabies weren't in the car.
Your friend and her family are in my prayers. So sad....

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I'm sorry about your friend's loss. Unfortunately, situations that lead to suicidal thoughts and plans are not always easy to pick up on. And, unfortunately, I know all too well what it's like to have those thoughts and be in that kind of emotional pain.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
This is truly heartbreaking for all involved. Sending you all strength.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Prayers for the family and friends.
Glad you are okay. You are okay?

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I'm glad you are okay but I am so sorry for your loss. Suicide is so horrible. We lost the neighbor behind me to suicide a year ago this week. It was unexpected (she had just started therapy and was put on a new antidepressant and was very upbeat about everything) and I know you must feel shell-shocked right now.

Please take care of yourself. Did you have side airbags too?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Marcy,

Thoughts and prayers to you and your friend's family.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Wow. What a terrible day. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. That is such a devastating loss. And so hard for the family to move on from something like that. Once things settle down a bit, please encourage your friend to get therapy for their children.

I'm glad you are okay after your accident. Have you seen a doctor to make sure you're just sore?

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm glad you are okay but I am so sorry for your loss. Suicide is so horrible. We lost the neighbor behind me to suicide a year ago this week. It was unexpected (she had just started therapy and was put on a new antidepressant and was very upbeat about everything) and I know you must feel shell-shocked right now.

Please take care of yourself. Did you have side airbags too?
Yep, lots of airbags, almost too many. The girl that hit us called her dad and he said he didn't want to turn it in to insurance. He said it looked like less than a thousand dollars worth of damage, hah, it is a thousand dollars to reset the airbags. I had the pups buckled up but had no leashes. Luckily when Grandpa came to pick us up, they went right to his car.

It would be just my luck to get a dogs off leash ticket. Three police cars, but the bumpasses were fantastic, and went right to grandpa's car.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts