Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my rush to find a solution to Mr. Olimar (AKA Ollie) peeing in the house, I totally bypassed his introduction by mistake!

This is Olimar, whom we call Ollie, and he's our first golden. He's around 12 or 13 weeks now and has been a fantastic puppy for us! He's definitely becoming more and more rambunctious and it's tiring, but that's the joy of having a pup. He loves to terrorize our two cats (Ganon and Link) and squeak his toys until they won't squeak anymore! Seriously, he's out squeaked about 5 toys in the ~5 weeks we've had him. Oh, and his favorite snack? Himalayan dog chews! They're the best and last forever, and he's a heavy chewer.

He loves people and meeting strangers, and will pout at anyone who passes him without at least saying hello. He's getting into his lanky stage and his ears, legs, and tail are WAY too big for his head and body, but that's just more to love! He's great at playing fetch and bringing the ball back, and loves to run and play chase in the yard. He's also pretty fond of car rides and falls asleep in the first ten minutes, usually :

I'm so thankful to have him and if there is anything you guys think we should know, please tell me! I've only had one puppy before (a Shiba Inu) and we've had a Husky, but Goldens are just totally different dogs. Any training tips, potty training suggestions, or any comments in general are very welcomed. Thank you for adding me to the forum!

PS- I'm sorry the pictures are rotated, I don't know how to change that /: Also, yes, all of our animals are named after Nintendo characters lol

Attachments

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
He's darling! You might just want to read a bunch of threads in the puppy section, since they'll probably cover some things you haven't even thought of yet :)

·
Super Moderator Leader
51,668 Posts
Welcome to you and Ollie, he's adorable.........

The Puppy Section is full of all kinds of info. If you've got a particular question or interest, you can use the Search feature. A list of threads will come up you can read through.

Feel free to ask questions too, members are always willing to help.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Welcome! Ollie is adoreable. I love the golden puppy grin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts