Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oliver is the orange cat in my signature.
Kenzie LOVES to wrestle with Oliver. I have to step in sometimes because Oliver starts making awful gagging noises if Kenzie gets him pinned. I've often wished he would just use his claws!

Well yesterday I noticed one of Kenzie's eyes was reddish. I looked at it but convinced myself not a big deal. Today I noticed it again and it looked worse. Also if you pulled the lower lid down it looked almost bloody. I called the vet and told them something weird is going on with her eye. They said "can you be here in 20 min", loaded her in the car and off we went.
On the drive up I remembered that yesterday Kenzie and Oliver were wrestling and I heard a small yelp. I glanced over and everything seemed okay. Now I wondered if she got a claw to the eye.

At the vet they did the green stain and luckily her cornea is fine but there is a little flap hanging off of her third eyelid-yep caught a claw! Luckily the third eyelid did what it is supposed to do!

They sent me home with some ointment to prevent infection. My vet thinks it should heal up just fine in a week or so without any complications. We are leaving the flap alone for now, hopefully it will resolve itself because she would need to be sedated to cut it off.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luckily she doesn't seem to be in any pain. She hasn't even been rubbing it.
I don't think she'll learn her lesson that easily but I will keep his claws trimmed just to be safe-they are like little razors right now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts