Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ohio-Lady Godiva-flat coat. Ret. Mix female with sad story!!

Lady Godiva 30 lb
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=15751683&mtf=1
Flat-coated Retriever [Mix]
Large Young Female Dog Click to see
full size

More About Lady Godiva 30 lb02-13-10

Lady Godiva came to the Pound with a chain embedded in her neck. She pulled it out before Pike Pet Pals could get her to the vet but once there she was cared for and is now recovering nicely. Lady Godiva is a female Flat-coated Retriever mix about 1 year old. She is extremely playful and loves to go for long walks. Lady Godiva loves people, gets along with other dogs. Her favorite toys are tennis balls! She walks fairly well in her harness (no collar for awhile due to her injury). Lady Godiva would greatly benefit from lots of attention and some basic obedience work. She is eager to learn and to please- she is very bright! Can you help her find a good home? My Contact InfoPike County Dog Pound
Waverly, OH
740-947-5996
Lady Godiva 30 lb

Pike County Dog Pound
Waverly, OH
740-947-5996
[email protected]
**I emld. Flat Coated Ret. Rescue, but I highly doubt they will take her because it says she is a mix.:uhoh::(

Attachments

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I rcvd. very SAD NEWS about Lady Godiva-may she rest in peace

Subject: SAD news on Lady Godiva in OH

I received this email from one of my friends from the Lab Ret. Forum:

I saw you had posted her on the Golden board.

This was on the Lab board today:
Sadly, we had to let our vet end Lady Godiva's suffering yesterday - she was recovering well from an embedded collar when our volunteer noticed that she was showing symptoms of severe illness - we rushed her to the vet only to learn that she had what I would call "adult onset parvo" and was suffering and her chances of recovery were limited and we had to make the choice to let her go - this disease is just so awful as she went from no symptoms to severely ill in about one day -
Very sorry to have to convey this news.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts