Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flora's on a steroid to help with the itching of her hot spots. So she's drinking more. Before I went to bed I asked her if she needed to potty. She looked at me from my bed and refused to move. Okay. I get in bed, close my eyes... a few moments later my hand brushes against a damp spot in the bed.

Rats. She urinated alll over herself and my bed. So I took her outside, where she peed profusely, and then spent the last 10 minutes rinsing her legs off in my shower and stripping my bed. Stupid me, I only have 1 set of bedsheets, so I'm stuck waiting for them to wash and dry before going to sleep. :( Poor Flora though, she looked so guilty the whole time.

Makes me wonder though, about the times I blamed my roommate's dog for peeing on my bed.... :eek:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Aw, that poor girl. She probably felt terrible about her accident.
Couldn't have been much fun for you, either - sitting up half the night, waiting for sheets to dry.
How's she feeling today? Any better?

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Aww, poor girl, I'm pretty sure she didn't like it either. I think I'd have headed to the couch until a more suitable hour for washing the linens. ;)

Hope she's doing better and that you both got a good night's sleep...eventually. :smooch:

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! I know she felt awful, she kept giving me such big sad eyes. I had her in my shower and I was rinsing her off with cups of water and she was sooo good, just stood there and let me do it.

She seems fine today - still urinating frequently, and still moving a bit funny, but overall she's okay. The vet called earlier this morning to check up on her, I'm going to call them back and see what they think.

Penny's Mom - I would have slept on the couch... if I had one! I live in a 300 sq ft apartment, I barely have enough room for a bed. ;)

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
Poor girlie, I'm sure she felt so guilty! I always know if my potty trained dogs make a mess in the house that they absolutely couldn't help it and probably are fretting about getting in trouble for it every second.

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Poor girl! Hope she is better today & I know where you are with sheets. I have an extra bedspread just for this & when I can't get the bed re-made in time, we just sleep rolled up in the bedspread.

Our first apartment was tiny like yours. I had 1 room with kitchenette and room for fridge, daybed (also our couch). One door for the bathroom, but you could sit on the pot, wash your hands in the sink and hold the door open with your foot... at the same time! Only had a shower. Horrible place, but over the years it make fantastic fun remembering all the fun we had there. Had beads on the door, pillows around the floor and had a blast.

P.S. we also had Gold Shag Carpeting! Haaa!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts