Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asia took me out at the knees ysterday when we were out walking. She was racing behind me to catch up to me after stopting to sniff around and hit me full force sending me flying staright up and landing on my back. She stood over me looking quite shocked and apologetic. I was not impressed but she looked so cute i had to forgive her immediately. I think she may have slipped on the snow covered ice as she has never done that before. I will survive but am a bit stiff and sore this morning. The adventures of dog walking. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
Not yet, but with Tesses impersonations of The Flying Puppy I'm sure that one day she's go too fast...Take it easy today!

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Oh yeah, and the older you get, the harder you fall. Maybe a nice ,long soak in a hot bath would make you feel better. Be careful out there !

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
OWWWW!!! I hope you feel better soon. Mine havent taken me down like that but I have had them come running to me so fast, if I didnt move, they would have taken my knees out.

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
If that ever happened to me, I'd be in the hospital awaitng a second spinal fusion in my neck. I walk Bailey everyday, but I do expect her to behave on our walks. I permanently damaged my spinal cord and I need to be so careful.

I hope you are alright and didn't get hurt. It doesn't take much to get a serious injury.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
My two haven't taken me out, but they haven't been very far away when I've fallen. One time I thought I was going to be left outside on the ground in the cold. When the shock of hitting the ground was over and I knew I was okay, I nearly peed my pants laughing. I try not to go down anymore. I have Osteo of the hips.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Get some YakTrac's and wear them till spring...b ut if you're legs got wiped out...what da ya do...Open you eyes n see a cute pupper :) Hope you heal quickly!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Sorry about your spill. I've been knocked to the ground on several occasions. I think it is more common when you have two dogs that are wrestling and running at the same time.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I had one of my knees knocked out when Rookie was chasing another dog at the dog park. I was limping around for a couple of weeks. I've learned to keep my knees slightly bent whenever the dog pack gets close at the dog park. It's a huge open field so they can really pick up some steam.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
YakTrax ROCK!!!!!

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
I had one of my knees knocked out when Rookie was chasing another dog at the dog park. I was limping around for a couple of weeks. I've learned to keep my knees slightly bent whenever the dog pack gets close at the dog park. It's a huge open field so they can really pick up some steam.
We yell out to one another "BEND YOUR KNEES!"....its kinda like yelling "FORE!" in Golf...you just do it even if you're not exactly sure where the dogs are ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts