Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Flora to the local park today and let her run around off leash. Well, the moment she saw some geese she TOOK OFF after them, and there's no stopping her when she's after a bird. She dove into the water in pursuit, but instead of swimming after them, she instead decided it was a fabulous time to poop... in the water. :doh: :doh: I was kind of embarrassed, especially since I couldn't pick it up (it sank.)

Dogs will be dogs, I guess.

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
LOL I can just picture that FUNNY!!! ;)

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What, like the gooses don't do that? LOL
Lol, that was my justification for not trying to find her poop in 2' of water. Geese do it a lot more, and no one cares. But it was too funny. I thought she was sitting in the water and was really confused. It took me a moment to realize she was, in fact, NOT sitting. :p:

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
That's too funny!

How did you make out finding a dog sitter/day care/roommates to help letting Flora out? I never could find your thread again!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's too funny!

How did you make out finding a dog sitter/day care/roommates to help letting Flora out? I never could find your thread again!
Well... I really haven't resolved that issue yet. I tried to contact 3 businesses, heard back from 2, one doesn't accept large dogs and the other never got back to me after the first call. Fortunately, my roommates were more than willing to watch Flora when I had to go out all day last weekend, and she was fine! I was gone for a little over 13 hours, and my 2 roommates and one of their boyfriends took care of Flora, which was really nice of them.

I still will need to find someone to watch Flora overnight, but that shouldn't be an issue until this summer.

As for gators... well, hehe, there's a sign that says "beware of alligator" by the lake, but I don't think anyone takes it seriously. Dogs swim there all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts