Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's gonna be one hell of a Poop-a-Palooza when this 30+ inches of snow melts :(

Can't do anything about it right now. It's too deep, and the 'deposits' just melt their way down to the gravel ground in the kennel.

Right now the best I can see are what look like gopher holes every now and then LOL

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I got one clean up in before last W/E's big snow :yuck:
Anyone else's pups have issue with stand up poopers? Mine want to squat but can't, lol, and they do pre-circles for ages before picking a spot.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Oh poor you!!:yuck: It hasn't been fun or easy, but I've manned every outing armed with scoop in hand, even the early morning (pj's and boots) and late night ones. :crossfing Hopefully I've gotten them all.

·
and now Mollie's mom too
1,268 Posts
Ha Ha, welcome to MY world you guys. Lucky if we can get in a half dozen poop patrols all winter long up here. Come spring you should see the mess. :yuck:

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
I don't think mine two have pooped today...they can't find a spot where they don't sink in feet of snow. The best spot is on the side yard of the house but the wind is blowing so hard that they can't squat...they had better hold it or find a spot!!

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I cleaned up before the Saturday snow and went out yesterday to find as much as possible. It was not a fun job. I think I got most of the "post snow" poops but anything between Friday night and Saturday night were buried. After this one.... YIpes!!

And the fun part - Kirby has loose (running) stools ever since Saturday. I think a combination of vaccinations, new kibble, excitement over snow did her in. Lots of "tukas" checks and cleaning!!

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Poop-A-Palooza? LOL...

I've been watching mine and running right outside to scoop before I lose track of the spot. I wouldn't worry about it (especially since we won't be here when it thaws) but if I don't pick it up, Gunner eats it. Doesn't matter that it's buried under two feet of snow, he'll sniff it out. :yuck:

And poor Riley. I've actually taken the shovel and cleared a big spot for him in his favorite poop area. The poor guy goes to squat down and always jumps back up when his butt hits the snow. He's clearly not amused by it.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Never fails....they manage to poop in a deep footprint too!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I also was able to do a clean sweep of the yard before the first weekend storm. I shoveled several paths in the yard so the boys would have an easier time squatting. There will definitely be land mines after this snow. What fun.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Hehe this is funny - and reminds me of when Bailey was a puppy - we brought her home in early Dec 2007, and hubby was away at school...so I had her myself in the apartment during the week, and we'd visit him on weekends. Whenever she went to the bathroom outside I just left it, and it got covered in snow...and then she went more...covered in snow...you get the idea. So when DH comes home, and the snow had melted, there was SO MUCH poop...and the further down he got, the smaller the poop was :) Needless to say, he is always the one on poop duty!

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
I know what you mean, living in maine, we usually get alot of snow, but today just wet flurries, picked up yesterday, try to keep it picked up, problem is where to put it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts