Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FINALLY! I found a great place to let Molly safely off leash! :) She is one happy girl! :D Here's some pictures!

Ta-Daaa! :p: That's the only place in the park where there's no huge 'NO DOGS' sign on it!

And boy did she enjoy it!

Then I whistled and she came running at me like a bullet! :D

YAAAY! Good giiiiirl! :D

But next time I whistled it took her a while and once she didn't even came! :no: Oh well! That means more training ahead I guess! :p:

And here's one tired and happy pup! :)

:wave:

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Lucky Molly!! Looks like she had lots of fun :D Kinda looks like the kind of place that may only be there in the summers... do they turn it into an outdoor skating rink in the winter? Molly's going to need some skates!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Great find. It's nice that it's so big for her to run around in! And it looks like a great safe place to work on her off leash recall. One of the most successful things I've tried with Rookie lately is that when I treat him for doing something particularly hard (like recall around kids, birds, other dogs), I give him several tiny little treats all in a row while praising him and petting him. The difference in results that I got between doing that and just giving him one treat has been amazing.

·
Ripley & Levi's too!!
720 Posts
great photos. takes time for off leash. Monty never goes to far from me anyway.

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,704 Posts
What great shots! Molly looks like she had a great time and in a safe environment.

·
Registered
274 Posts
OH I can tell Molly had a really good time :)

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
nice to see Miss Molly have a good ole run a round off leash, didn't realize how lucky we are as Tom very rarely has his lead on except going to and from the car

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She looks like such a fun girl! I love when they get to be off leash and can run around all free!
Yes it's so great to see them all happy and free to run as fast as they can! :D

She does look like she had a great time....And it looks so cold there in Quebec!!
It is getting colder! But it's actually a lot warmer than usual at this time a year!

Lucky Molly!! Looks like she had lots of fun Kinda looks like the kind of place that may only be there in the summers... do they turn it into an outdoor skating rink in the winter? Molly's going to need some skates!
Yeah they turn it into a skating rink in the winter! But at least I'll have a great place to go in the summer! :)

Great find. It's nice that it's so big for her to run around in! And it looks like a great safe place to work on her off leash recall. One of the most successful things I've tried with Rookie lately is that when I treat him for doing something particularly hard (like recall around kids, birds, other dogs), I give him several tiny little treats all in a row while praising him and petting him. The difference in results that I got between doing that and just giving him one treat has been amazing.
Yes, that's what I've been doing to! I give her lots of treats and praise when she comes or/and we play a game of tug! :D She loves it!

·
Mulligan
516 Posts
I use to let Ted and Izzy run in a rink just like that. My advice to you is this: Check Molly's pads and nails frequently as the concrete is harsh on them; Watch for lameness as the concrete is very hard on the joints. Izzy started limping after an exercise session. So we did not return for a few weeks, we returned to the rink, yup, Izzy began to limp again. I asked the vet about it and he suggested not to let the dogs run on the hard surface.

Soooo, just watch for the above. I hope Molly has hours of fun.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I use to let Ted and Izzy run in a rink just like that. My advice to you is this: Check Molly's pads and nails frequently as the concrete is harsh on them; Watch for lameness as the concrete is very hard on the joints. Izzy started limping after an exercise session. So we did not return for a few weeks, we returned to the rink, yup, Izzy began to limp again. I asked the vet about it and he suggested not to let the dogs run on the hard surface.

Soooo, just watch for the above. I hope Molly has hours of fun.
Thank you for the advice! I thought about the pads, I put some lotion on them before and after we play in the rink! And as for her joints, I won't be taking her there every day, maybe a few times a week.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts