Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Patriot & Lillie
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I relocated in June of 2020 to Kentucky, I am about 45 minutes to an hour away from Louisville, KY. I am looking for a good place to get my boy OFA Tested for Hips, Elbows, Patellas, Eyes, and Heart. He will be turning 2 years old July 15. I know I need to wait until he is 2 to get official results, just getting started looking early. Any reccomendations will be greatly appreciated!
(also an average price range to get all of these done would be greatly appreciated!)

·
Registered
Patriot & Lillie
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I know you need to enter his records into K9data. Some help with that would be great as well.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Hi! I relocated in June of 2020 to Kentucky, I am about 45 minutes to an hour away from Louisville, KY. I am looking for a good place to get my boy OFA Tested for Hips, Elbows, Patellas, Eyes, and Heart. He will be turning 2 years old July 15. I know I need to wait until he is 2 to get official results, just getting started looking early. Any reccomendations will be greatly appreciated!
(also an average price range to get all of these done would be greatly appreciated!)
If Cincinnati isn’t too far away for you, Queen City Dog Training Club is having a health fair. Blue Ridge is coming for hips and elbows and I hear they’re good. Looking around (I’m near Dayton, Ohio.) Average seems to be around $350-$400 for hips/ elbows. The Greater Cincinnati Golden Retriever Club has an eye clinic every year on Memorial Day weekend. I believe it’s $35. Don’t go to MedVet. OSU was much cheaper. Way too expensive. You can do Eyes and Heart before he’s 2.i have 2 places I go for health clinics. OFA.org and cavalierhealth.org. Patellas aren’t something you have to test for goldens.

I have all my tests done at clinics. They are generally less expensive and have doctors that people like. I have driven all the way to Michigan to save money on that stuff!

·
Registered
Patriot & Lillie
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Abeille Thank you for all the info. Cincinati is only about 2 hours away. I will definetly be willing to drive. Also thank you for the info about K9data!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts