Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

odd habit when feeding

624 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  AquaClaraCanines 
#1 ·
Hello everyone
My dog, Holly, has a rather odd habit when feeding - she rubs her nose on the floor or carpet - kind of strokes the floor a number of times as if pushing something - this leads her nose to bleed on occasion. Any ideas or experiences re this behaviour
also I have some pics of Holly I would like to post here but they are 1mb - does any one have any ideas how i can do that
thanks for guidance
paul

#2 ·
Paul:
My old golden used to rub his face on the carpet after eating too. We used to say he was using the carpet as a napkin! He never made it bleed, however, can't help you there.

As far as posting pictures, there are great threads under "How to Instructions" at the bottom of the forum page. One is about resizing pictures and the other is about image hosting.

#3 ·
I've had dogs in the past that have rubbed their noses as if pushing something. I think they are trying to bury. Mandy (my red doberman rest in peace) did it almost every feed. Maybe consult your vet next visit about the rubbing until bleeding part.

By the way, welcome to the forum!!!:wavey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.