Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, My 1 & 1/2 year old golden has this odd looking red bump on his upper lip/below his nose. The camera I am using is old so the pictures aren't the greatest. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I have a vet appointment on Monday, but I would love to hear from someone who might have experianced something like this. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
958 Posts
Probably a histiocytoma as Kimm said. Most commonly seen in dogs under 3 years of age and usuallly found on the head, ears, or legs.

Rusty had one on his leg when he was 2 or so. Our vet chose to remove it.

They are a begnign round cell tumor, so don't be too worried about it. They usually regress on their own after a couple months, but you still want the vet to have a look at it. He may want to remove it or he may simply choose to do a biopsy and watch it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I realize this post is old but I stumbled across it when I was googling something for my golden. Did anyone ever find out what this red bump was for sure as my golden has the same exact thing on his upper lip. Appeared out of nowhere about 2 weeks ago. A friend of mine who is a vet in another state said it looked like it might be a histiocytoma.

·
Super Moderator Leader
45,311 Posts
Hello,

I realize this post is old but I stumbled across it when I was googling something for my golden. Did anyone ever find out what this red bump was for sure as my golden has the same exact thing on his upper lip. Appeared out of nowhere about 2 weeks ago. A friend of mine who is a vet in another state said it looked like it might be a histiocytoma.
To be on the safe side, I would have your Vet check it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone, My 1 & 1/2 year old golden has this odd looking red bump on his upper lip/below his nose. The camera I am using is old so the pictures aren't the greatest. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I have a vet appointment on Monday, but I would love to hear from someone who might have experianced something like this. Thank you!
I'd like to know as well because it looks just like the red growth under my Golden's nose I discovered 3 days ago that like you said....came out of nowhere! We're going to the vet tomorrow & hoping it's nothing serious.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Daisy has something similar. Vet checked it this week (started growing last week). She said likely a papilloma, and it should go away on its. If it starts oozing or gets in the way of shutting her eye, they would consider removing it, but she wasn't concerned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts