Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to a suggestion on my "oat thief" thread, I have just put a batch of peanut butter oatmeal dog treats in the oven. Super simple recipe (and I looked online and found a variety of variations). Basically, you put 2 cups of flour (you can let about 1/2 cup of this be oat or wheat bran), and 1 cup of oatmeal in a large bowl. In a microwaveable bowl, put 1/3 to 1/2 cup peanut butter, a little honey if you want, up to 1/2 cup, and a tablespoon of oil, again if you want. To this add around 3/4 to 1 cup of liquid-broth or water. Heat in microwave, just til you can mix the peanut butter in a little) then pour this over the flour and oat mix. Mix up-adding more liquid or flour til you have a fairly stiff dough. Roll it out to about 1/4 to 3/8" thick and cut into shapes using cooky cutter or whatever you have. Put on parchment paper (a piece of brown paper sack will do) on cooky sheet and bake at 350 F for 14-18 min. They should be hard when they cool.
PS Brooks hung around the whole time I was mixing them up so I let him lick the bowl.

Mine didn't get browned and didn't seem really hard until about 25-30 minutes

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Let's hope Brook's 'if-then' skills aren't too good! :bowl:

I think you'll have to keep hubby's oatmeal on the top shelf. Brook's new cookies sound wonderful!! I'll make some for Penny today.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oatmeal container is now up on a high shelf so unless he learns how to move a kitchen step stool over to the pantry and climb up on it, the oatmeal should be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts