Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking a bit and learning a great deal. First time poster. Hadn’t done enough homework and was about to put a deposit down when I decided to check things out a little bit more and came across this forum. Thank you so much for all of your shared knowledge. I will be a lot more careful moving forward. Currently, I’m considering these breeders:

Harborview in Erie,PA
Happy Acres in Lockport, NY
Chestnut Goldens in NY
Infinite goldens
Goldensoul

Any thoughts on these breeders in general? (I realize I have to do homework on parents,etc,etc,etc)

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Harborview was mentioned in this older list of good breeders. Ljilly is a great breeder in Maine who is on the forum. You might try checking with her.

·
Puddles
4,024 Posts
Been lurking a bit and learning a great deal. First time poster. Hadn’t done enough homework and was about to put a deposit down when I decided to check things out a little bit more and came across this forum. Thank you so much for all of your shared knowledge. I will be a lot more careful moving forward. Currently, I’m considering these breeders:

Harborview in Erie,PA
Happy Acres in Lockport, NY
Chestnut Goldens in NY
Infinite goldens
Goldensoul

Any thoughts on these breeders in general? (I realize I have to do homework on parents,etc,etc,etc)

Thank you in advance!
You should be pretty safe with any breeders on this list but always review clearance data on sire/dam of any liter you decide on. Lots of people can help with this but all on the list are quality breeders.
As far as size the breed standard all these breeders will strive for is 50-65 lbs for females and males around 75. You might check out the AKC or GRCA websites and read up on breed descriptions just to learn about the breed and what to expect. Good luck on your new puppy.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Jenny and Nancy from GoldenSoul are really nice people (I met them at a nearby show) and know a dog from them personally. Rosie is fantastic! My friend put a lot of work into her and they do a LOT - Rosie does tracking, nose work, rally, agility, and demo dogs for a couple of classes at my training place. They also go on hikes every single day (my friend owns a horse and she brings her two dogs with her when she rides) and swim multiple times a week. Rosie is also a therapy dog. She is unflappable and just so much fun. She's 6 and (to my knowledge) hasn't had any major health issues. Rosie is apart of the Golden Retriever Lifetime Study. Pictured is Rosie and Kaizer asleep on my friend's couch. Second pic is both of my friend's girls and my boy. Rosie's in the middle and Kaizer's on the left. Rosie's ears are too small and that's why they fold like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts