Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Muana's Forever Mom
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
November 29,2011. I just lost my first Golden "Muana" to heart cancer yesterday - Hemangiosarcoma. I am devastated. I can't believe she is gone. I loved her SO much! On Sunday the 28th she was playing and acting just fine and 24 hours later she was gone. I can't stop crying. I know others of you out there know what I'm going through so I'd appreciate your input. How will I get through this?????

Attachments

·
VickiR
239 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss.

Just remember, she will always be a part of you.

Reactions: ValerieS

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
I am saddened you found us because of Muana's passing to the Rainbow Bridge.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You have many here who understand.

She is beautiful.....
RIP Muana.

·
flykelley
675 Posts
November 29,2011. I just lost my first Golden "Muana" to heart cancer yesterday - Hemangiosarcoma. I am devastated. I can't believe she is gone. I loved her SO much! On Sunday the 28th she was playing and acting just fine and 24 hours later she was gone. I can't stop crying. I know others of you out there know what I'm going through so I'd appreciate your input. How will I get through this?????
Hi Valerie
Im so sorry for your loss, many of us on here have been through the loss of a special Golden, myself I just lost Katie to cancer a month ago. I wish I had words to use to help ease the pain but I don't. The only thing that has helped me is a new Golden puppy. You can never replace a special golden but a new puppy will give you lots of love to help ease the pain. I have lost three Goldens in the last 20 years and it is never easy. Hugs and prayers sent to you and your family.

Regards Mike

·
Muana's Forever Mom
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your replies are helpful. I feel so alone right now - and usually Muana is the one to comfort me - a double whammy! I appreciate your caring.

·
Muana's Forever Mom
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks Mike, I am sorry for the loss of your golden also. It is hard isn't it. I'm glad you're all here to listen/speak with as I feel like I've already talked my family's ears off. I think a puppy is in my future for sure. I always told Muana that she was a good 'salesperson' for the Golden breed and when I lost her I would have to get another someday because... how could I not! She really was special. I'd like to share something with you...if you would like to see an amazing retriever video go to www.metacafe.com and search for 'Muana birthday'. Turn up the volume too. I am so glad my niece made this video for me - I will cherish it my whole life.... I hope you enjoy it.

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
I do understand so vividly. We lost our Bobby to Hemangio 12/31/08 and it was just as fast. He was playing with our granddaughter that afternoon and by evening he could not lift his head. I took him to an emergency vet and after many test we got the worst news ever. Sadly we let him go in peace, and we miss him so much. He did leave us with so many happy memories that do make us smile again.
It will take time, maybe lots of time but Muana will make you smile again.

Run softly sweet Muana, Bobby, Dylan and Frankie will be there for you.

I am so sorry you are going through this, Peace Be With You.
June

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss...:(

I lost my Savanah to hemangio March 6, 2008. Just like your Muana, she was fine less than 24 hours before she passed. It's such a shock...please lean on us here for support. Many, many members know what you're going through.

R.I.P Muana...

·
Muana's Forever Mom
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so much everyone. This connection with you is wonderful. I can see myself visiting this forum very often in the future. It's nice to hear from people who really TRULY understand how a golden attaches themself to your heart - and how painful it is to deal with the loss. My heart and most comforting thoughts go out to all of you that are on the road to healing as I am.

·
Registered
12,189 Posts
I am so very sorry about your loss of Muana. We have lost 3 of our precious goldens to hemangiosarcoma. It never gets easy and the only advice I have is to just take each day at a time. Time does help in that down the road you will be able to think of her and all the special moments without sobbing. You will begin to smile when thinking of her. She WILL be watching over you for the rest of your life and you may be surprised at little ways she will let you know she is still by your side. She also may just guide you to your next golden. She will never be replaced and will always be a part of you, your heart and you memories but there is room in your heart for more goldens when the time is right for you. Remember - breathe and put one foot in front of the other.

·
Muana's Forever Mom
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
In honor of Muana - I'd like to share an amazing retriever video with you.....go to www.metacafe.com and search for 'Muana birthday'. Turn up the volume too. I am so glad my niece made this video for me - I will cherish it my whole life.... I hope you enjoy it.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Muana

I am so very sorry about your Muana-she was very beautiful.
My Hubby and I lost two of our dogs, Snobear and Smooch, to hemangiosarcoma last year, very quickly. I know they will be meeting Muana at the Rainbow Bridge.

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
ValerieS

ValerieS

Please keep coming here-this forum is the best therapy. Nobody understands like another dog lover.

·
Davina
392 Posts
:O( I am so sorry for your loss. The video was so sweet. I can't even imagine the pain. I lost pets when I was a child but, I was a child and the pain passed fast as I forgot when I went to play with friends. I am now an adult and have yet to have a pet of my own pass and I dread the day. My chihuahua is 6 years old. I have had her since she was 6 weeks old and I cry at the thought of her passing in 6 or more years.... the first 6 went so fast.... I am crying writing this just thinking about it. My sharlette (golden) is just a puppy and I love her so much! I was crying the other day when she had the runs for days I thought for sure she was going to die before I was able to get her to the vet. The loss of a pet is indescribably and my condolences go out to you and your family.

·
Muana's Forever Mom
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think I spelled it wrong in my first post and then corrected it later
Go to www.metacafe.com then on the top right there is a Search bar. Key in 'Muana Birthday' and click search. It will show up on the left side of the screen (the picture is of my cat and Muana). Click on the picture and then click on 'Continue to video' so you don't have to watch the ad.... let me know what you think!

·
Muana's Forever Mom
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I understand. I have dreaded this day for years and was thrilled when I got her over the 10 year milestone. I was hoping for 15 but mother nature had a different plan.
It helps me to know that honestly, every day for the last 6 months I kissed her face and told her 'I love you - every day is a gift'....maybe you could do the same. Now that my beautiful Golden girl is gone I'm glad I did.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts