Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
where the tails wag
13,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
November is shaping up to be an active but quiet month LOL

Brady had an ear infection so was pulled from shows and not entered in others.

Towhee is safely at Barb's to ride out her season.

Faelan is happily eating & training.

Aedan is gaining confidence in both agility & open/utility
But is not entered yet...current goal is next spring/summer.

Finch was dropped off at Barb's this morning so she & Mike can get Finch to 2 rentals before the shows this weekend ... she needs 1 novice Q for her CD title.

2 of Finch's siblings have already earned their UDs! So we have 2 excellent possible choices for her next breeding to keep Towhee's (and Finch's) genetics & lineage going.

·
where the tails wag
13,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saturday was a day for classes with distractions from a Halloween party :)

Faelan & Brady went to Utility (Brady got glove #3 heading into a huge moving rhino ! He did need encouragement his first try)

Finch had Novice with distractions...the only one which had her attention was a 3 foot tall figure 8 post with fuzzy feet...I think it was a werewolf? The other character never got a glance, big hippo was a non event too.

Sunday we had a rental which I only brought Aedan & Finch to. We worked heeling & recalls mostly with some retrieving. I was throwing toys & balls while working for distractions :)

One of my rentals is scheduled for after a club party. The rental chair emailed to confirm whether I still wanted to rent since the club will most assuredly smell of meatballs/chicken and other things. Of course I said yes :)

·
where the tails wag
13,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
where the tails wag
13,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aedan's poles are coming along nicely :) independence is emerging and his sends are nice, even coming at them from a C shaped tunnel.
Now to start lateral distance while I am moving at speed.

His Around cue (180) needs some work when there is a distraction like a jump in his perceived path. And his teeter appears broken...last night's class had the teeter with pressure from a wall about 2 feet away. He was like "don't think so" .. possibly combined with my being on his left side.

He did much very well but we found a few weaker areas what with 10 obstacle courses at speed. He clearly read the backy-up at one section :)

·
where the tails wag
13,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This past weekend

Faelan & Brady went to a drop in Utility class
Finch went to a drop in Rally class

Sunday i took a drive up to Sunfire Mtn with Faelan and picked Ms Towhee up after visiting

Towhee was tired (she usually takes a few days after seasons to get back to her self) so I replanned my rental

Aedan & Finch were the only 2 to join me at my rental and we worked on a few Rally stations that will help address about & right turn wide issues, some retrieving work, some recalls with started moving drops for Finch. Just generally upbeat ...no jumping although Aedan had some Comnand Discrimination and Signals. Get it Get it Get it come games etc

·
where the tails wag
13,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2 of Towhee's 'kids' are on the Invite list for Westminster Kennel Club 2020 Obedience :)

·
where the tails wag
13,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shaping up to be a quiet training weekend ... I think one of my toes is broken so I cancelled a few plans

·
where the tails wag
13,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now I am re-arranging training plans :) What can I work on with

> minimal impact on my foot from my activity
> minimal chances of the dogs whomping that toe

Luckily it is the right foot so if I use platforms I think it will be safe to work on
> fronts
> deliveries
> finishes
> sends

Also articles & retrieves

Heeling will be a no-go since my balance is unsteady and I am gimpy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts