Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My golden is a little over a year and hes not neutered i was wondering is it was normal for him not to lift his leg when he was urinating?

·
Just make it happen
481 Posts
My dog didn't lift his leg until he was like ten months. My last male dog didn't lift his until he was four months old. I guess it depends on the dog.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My last dog never did lift his leg but maybe a handful of occasions his entire life (he lived to be 15.5). He didn't really squat, he kinda just stretched out his front legs to pee. I never minded, didn't ever worry about him marking. Oh, and we didn't neuter him until he was 7.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
This question was just asked: http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=70099

Some males never lift their leg. It depends on the dog. Our 17-month-old intact male started lifting his leg when he was around 6 or 7 months old, but he will occasionally squat every once in a great while.

·
AKA Paul
32 Posts
My last dog (shepard) never lifted his leg, sort of stretched out. Jake. my present Golden, started lifting his leg at about 6 months.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Ralph was 6yo when we got him and he was an entire male and he never lifted his leg,

·
Registered
369 Posts
Cooper turns 1, Jan 1st and he still doesnt lift his leg!!! I dont mind it not one bit! he squats like our female chihuahua lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Moses turned one on Dec 18--he is a BIG boy now..not my BABY. He does not lift his leg- does not squat--just stretches out his front and back legs and goes. Dunno--but looks like it is normal from these other posts!

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Duke is 8 1/2 years old and has never, ever lifted his leg. He pees like the horses. That's been his roll model and that's what he tells me, he doesn't "tinkle like a bitch", he "pees like a horse". That guy!:p:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts