Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Michelle, M & M's mommy
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We get up every weekend around 6 to get the kids off to school. When we open Molly's crate and she always looks at us like we are insane, LOL. Within an hour of the kids leaving she is back in her crate sleeping.

Equally at night if we are night headed to bed by 9:30 Molly is in her crate going to sleep (we often hear big sighs if we are watching t.v. like she is saying "It's late already! Go to bed!")

Anyone else have a baby like this? :)

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
not us. Faith is wide awake and ready to go by 5 or 5:30 each morning. She will not leave us alone after 5:45 am no matter how late she went to bed.

she's ok with me heading up to bed around 9:30, but she usually brings a toy and tries to get me to play with it with her while i'm winding down.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It seems like Molly is veryself-conscious of her health :)

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,080 Posts
My puppies are usually ready for bed shortly after we return from their evening walk. They are normally asleep in my offce around 8:45 and then get up and go to our bedroom around 9:30 or 10:00. Lincoln is up and at 'em as soon as he hears the alarm go off around 5:30 but Reno and Austin have no desire to get up. I feed them around 6:00 and they usually fall asleep again until I leave for work around 8:00.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My pup is usually in bed by 9 or 9:30 every night. I too get the big sighs if im watching tv or on the computer. She sleep until about 830 or 9 in the morning. Sometimes if I have to get up earlier she just lays there and looks at me like really we're getting up? I have dog sat for a lot of people and have never found a dog that sleeps in as long as mine. She might not behave perfectly but she's the best sleeper!

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
One of mine is like that.. he would gladly sleep alll morning with me on days off and he's lounging around and ready for bed by 9.

The other one is a TOTAL morning dog.. it's awful lol he would happily get up as soon as the sun comes up. Luckily he's learned that mama is NOT a morning person and that he better lay as quietly as he possibly can until I'm ready to get up lol He too, is ready for bed by 9 though.. he will go in the bedroom to sleep and occasionally come out, give me the "aren't you coming to bed yet!?" stare, then go back and sleep more.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
My Jax is NOT a morning dog. Lucy is ready as soon as she hears me in the kitchen (her crate is in there), but Lucy has to go wake Jax up to go out, otherwise he'd sleep in til 9 if I let him.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts

Equally at night if we are night headed to bed by 9:30 Molly is in her crate going to sleep (we often hear big sighs if we are watching t.v. like she is saying "It's late already! Go to bed!")

Anyone else have a baby like this? :)
My Maggie was like this but Hank likes to stay up late with my husband. If my husband is on the road, Hank goes to bed around 10:30pm when I do.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
Both of mine are great sleepers, which suits me just fine! They usually are awake until around 11pm or so...then we all head into the bedroom to sleep... In the morning, I make them get up to pee (and they do occasionally look at me like I'm crazy when I request this of them) and then they get a small breakfast...and they're usually on the bed sleeping again by the time I leave for work. (We're talking a span of 30 minutes here)

They proceed to sleep ALL DAY. I've seen it with my own eyes when we've left the ustream on.

So yes, my dogs sleep non-stop, and I am so jealous of them it's not even funny.

·
Registered
14,284 Posts
Max is on our schedule, my husband works second shift so we're usually up till 3 am. He sleeps from about 1:30ish till 10 or 11 am, then naps on and off all day, and then usually takes a good long nap around 9:30 till Dad gets home from work. I couldn't deal with a morning dog!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
My boys have adjusted very well to my sleep habits. They sleep while I get my morning shower then come down with me to go out and then have breakfast while I get ready for work. On weekends I will often sleep in and they are happy to stay in bed with me till I get up which could be anywhere from 8 AM to 11 AM.

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
I've been wondering about this myself: my son gets up at 5.30 am, because his bus leaves at 6.30. I see him of, and go back to bed till 8, 8.30. My worry is, that if Tess (will be here in 3 weeks!) wakes up at 5.30, will she go to bed when I go back? Should I feed her before she goes back in her crate?

·
Registered
253 Posts
At night, my boy won't go to sleep without me. If he gets tired at 9, and I'm up doing something until, say, 11, he'll whine and cry until I go to bed with him. It drives me nuts! Sometimes I pretend to go to sleep just so he'll fall asleep, then I sneak out in the middle of the night and continue what I was doing.

·
Premium Member
Lush, Mystic, Hiphop, Dreamer, Sayer, Fable, Magic, Chelsea, Chapin, Cambridge, and Velvet
16,453 Posts
I've been wondering about this myself: my son gets up at 5.30 am, because his bus leaves at 6.30. I see him of, and go back to bed till 8, 8.30. My worry is, that if Tess (will be here in 3 weeks!) wakes up at 5.30, will she go to bed when I go back? Should I feed her before she goes back in her crate?
If you potty Tess, play with her, and feed her, then potty her again in the hour between 5:30 and 6:30 or 7 , she should be fine if you go back to bed for an hour or two. Then potty&play all over again!

·
Hudson's girl
417 Posts
My boy is sort of on our schedule and is definitely a morning guy. He will go to bed when we do and at about 3 or 4 in the morning wake me up to play. I never play before 6am. I've repeatedly told him this. He will play with the loudest toys he has at 3 or 4 in the morning. I finally had to put a lid on his toy box and now he lays about until around 6. I think he got the point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts