Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Wow!
Great pictures!
Any of those pictures would look great frames and on the wall.
What a beautiful bird.
GOOD JOB!
Karen

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
wow, what amazing pictures Graham, I've never seen a kingfisher in real life before...not that Ive ever properly looked for one...I guess you have to look out near streams and lakes??

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
WOW! What a beautiful bird.....the colors are incredible!
Thanks for sharing :)

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Niiiice.....what lens?

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
WOW what a beautiful bird! Thanks so much for posting such a gorgeous pic!

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
That is gorgeous! I just caught a picture of a kingfisher here in North Carolina 2 weeks ago. He wasn't as pretty as the one you got!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow, what amazing pictures Graham, I've never seen a kingfisher in real life before...not that Ive ever properly looked for one...I guess you have to look out near streams and lakes??
Yes exactly right Emma, these were taken where he was on some branches overhanging a stream that the dogs and I were walking along and he just appeared out of nowhere, I was very lucky because these are notoriously hard to 'catch due to their speed etc

·
Daisy - my heart
12,575 Posts
Wow, cool bird! Is this a male or female, do you know? That's one serious beak, too. I'm going to have to google what they sound like, I imagine they sound kind of like a crow but I really have no idea. Never seen one of these.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Wow Graham! I love these birds, we see them often on our river/stream walks. I can't imagine catching one on film....they fly low against the stream, almost skimming it. And I believe the ones I've seen are Belted Kingfishers, gray and white, so even harder to see.

Don't they look like little cartoon dwarf birds with oversized bills?

Your pic is just stunning :)

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
My camera isn't anything fancy, it only has a 10x zoom, so this is the best I could get of him. Not nearly as beautiful as the ones you took!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts