Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister lost her almost-7 year old Greyhound Lacey this morning. She had not been acting right for about a week and progressively deteriorated over the last 24-36 hours. The thought is meningitis or some sort of spinal lesion. After seizures and her becoming unable to walk this morning we made the decision. She was peaceful and had her head in my sisters lap.

This all comes just 3 months after my sister was diagnosed with breast cancer. She is not married and Lacey was her child. She has really needed her and counted on her to get through the treatment. Lacey had such a calm and peaceful manner about her.

Pray that she will have the strength to get through this.

RIP Lacey 1/22/2002-11/18/2009

You are beloved.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I am so deeply sorry for your Sister's loss of her beautiful, sweet Lacey. It is so incredibly sad, and your Sister has been through so much with her own diagnosis of breast cancer. Sending many thoughts and prayers for her to continue to have strength and peace, and feel Lacey's presence...as I know she is very much still with her, watching over her at the bridge.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
RIP Lacey. I'm sending up prayers for your sister.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Sending healing thoughts for your sister in the loss of her Lacey and the recovery of her cancer. I hope she will be able to open her heart to another dog in the future. It could help with her recovery.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
I am sorry to hear this sad news. Why don't you invite her to join the forum ?? Give her a big hug from me please.

·
3 goldens
12,096 Posts
I am so sorry. Breed doesn't matter when it comes to love. My first loves were English Setters and Irish Setters and I hav loved every once as much as I have loved my goldens.

I am married, but my husband is a cross country trucker gone 2-3 weeks at a time, only home 2-3 days as a rule, then back out. Our kids are grown and gone. I have developed vision problems that prevent me from driving, so I am here with Honey, our adopted golden mix and we are so close so I totally understand how you sister felt about her precious girl. Perhaps she nees another one tokeep her busy. I hav always gotten another dog as soon as I could, just can't seem to get along with a dog to care for.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I'm so sorry to read this. It's always hard to lose a loved one, but I'm sure it's especially hard when you yourself are already struggling. I hope your sister can turn to her family and friends for the support and love that Lacey may have been giving her until now. I'm sorry.

·
Registered
Brady Aedan Finch and Wren
13,692 Posts
Thoughts and prayers coming from CT for your sister and for sweet Lacey ..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everybody, I can't seem to stop crying...

About another dog, I certainly think she needs one too. She did ask about when my litter will be ready. Our girl is coming home the first week of Jan., so maybe...

She also said she could never get another greyhound. I felt the same way after my Patch, who was the reason she got Lacey. She did go to chemo today, because Lacey would want her too, she said. Poor baby. My heart breaks for her.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Sympathies to your sister...those greys have a way of weaving themselves into your heart.
Run fast Lacey-girl...

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I am so sorry your sister lost Lacey - especially at this stressful time.

I hope and pray she finds some peace and tell to please keep taking care of herself.

It doesn't matter what they are - they live in your heart and the loss is so very hard to bear.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Please pass on my condolences to your sister. It doesn't matter that Lacey was not a golden, she was loved by her family just the same. RIP Lacey and run free at Rainbow Bridge.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out tonight to your sister, I pray that she finds comfort among family and friends and will consider getting another furbaby to help her through what surely is a scary time.

·
groobie peese n da lobe
10,181 Posts
Sending big hugs to you and your sister.

So much love

Vic and Buddy :--heart::heartbeat:heartbeat:heartbeat:heartbeat

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Am so sorry for your sister's loss

Sleep softly Lacey

1 - 19 of 19 Posts