Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw a blue tri English bulldog the other day. I went to the website... Shrinkabulls. They are advertising their latest litter of lilac tri's for $7590 to $14 ,500. So for a dog that as far as can tell is an AKC disqualification , you pay three to about six times for what one would sell for. I am just astounded.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The website says they're that expensive because they are extremely rare and very hard to breed :doh:

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could buy a pretty nice horse for that price. Bulldog owners that I know say lifespan is 8-10 years.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
What astounds me is that people will actually buy a dog at this price... And shrinkabulls? What will they come up with next? I was looking at a website for some of them... One of them must have had some serious health problems because a wrinkle was covering half of his nose.

Reactions: Sally's Mom

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PT Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute... It just FLOORS me.... Please sell me a dog that is disqualified by the AKC standard...

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I've never liked bulldogs as a breed anyway; I mean... who would breed a dog that cannot naturally mate and deliver on it's own? With so many issues with skin, respiratory and conformation... it is amazing that anyone would own a dog like this. I have never met a healthy bulldog before...

Not that goldens don't have their fair share of issues, but they can function day in and day out without passing out from not being able to breathe.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
English bulldogs are bred artificially, they have c-sections, they stink, and they are $2000 plus. I tell clients that the cheapest part of owning a bulldog is the purchase price....

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
English bulldogs are bred artificially, they have c-sections, they stink, and they are $2000 plus. I tell clients that the cheapest part of owning a bulldog is the purchase price....
That is exactly what I am talking about... and they do stink, you are right! Frenchies are slightly better, but still have so many issues. It just blows my mind...

Reactions: Sally's Mom

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rainheart, you and I are on the same page.....

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
OMG - 14K for a dog! Unbelievable.

·
Remy's Mom!
1,797 Posts
My bf (vet tech) says that bulldogs are every veterinarian's favorite dog because they know they are going to make a killing when someone with a bulldog walks into their office...

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Rainheart, you and I are on the same page.....
I'm with you too! I just finished watching this PBS special about English breeding practices and it dealt with bulldogs, among other breeds. I found it on You Tube:
It mentioned many things you both mentioned with regard to bulldogs. To buy one of them for $14,000, after watching this just blows my mind.

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
So I saw a blue tri English bulldog the other day. I went to the website... Shrinkabulls. They are advertising their latest litter of lilac tri's for $7590 to $14 ,500. So for a dog that as far as can tell is an AKC disqualification , you pay three to about six times for what one would sell for. I am just astounded.
I am actually shocked. I thought I was used to this sort of thing, but no.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts