Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Tugg and Raider both earned their C-Wags Level one scent titles today and earned legs toward level two. Tugg is handed by my husband, Raider by me. Tugg is entered in a NACSW Level one trial the first weekend of June, I didn't enter Raider, he is starting to really slow down, has the beginning of laryngeal paralysis and his stamina just isn't what it used to be. We are having fun, and I am very proud of my husband and Tugg, they are doing a great job.

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
wooo hooo, way to go!!

Tugg and Raider both earned their C-Wags Level one scent titles today and earned legs toward level two. Tugg is handed by my husband, Raider by me. Tugg is entered in a NACSW Level one trial the first weekend of June, I didn't enter Raider, he is starting to really slow down, has the beginning of laryngeal paralysis and his stamina just isn't what it used to be. We are having fun, and I am very proud of my husband and Tugg, they are doing a great job.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
We had a fun weekend at a UKC Nosework Trial. Raider and I earned his Novice Interior, Novice Vehicle and one leg towards his Novice Exterior Title, with two third place finishes. :) Last search for us was Exterior, it was 90 degrees out and a long walk from the practice boxes to the search area. He struggles some in the heat, and I called the alert too soon. But I am still very very proud of my sweet boy. And my husband and Tugg rocked it, they qualified in all six trials they were in, and combined with the Novice Container Title they had earned previously, earns them the UKC Novice Nosework Title !!!! Very proud of them !

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
Awesome!!! Congrats to you, Raider, Danny and Tugg!

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Rusty and I were at the Dana Point Trial on Monday, and he aced the trial! This was Rusty's first NW trial, and he earned his NW1 title :)

I'm so proud of the pup, and we will cont. training to get ready for NW2 trials, and I still want to get into the Elements trials as well. Rusty was so focused at the trial...all he wanted to do was search for the odor haha

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Tugg and my husband earned two legs towards their C-Wags Three Nosework title today. Very proud of these two. Too hot for Raider, his LP is causing him issues, it makes his breathing a little difficult, he is mouth breathing, causing him issues with finding scent. Think any trialing with him will be put off till it cools off.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've been doing Noseworks for a couple of years now. I just started to compete this year. I go to trials put on by Performance Scent Dogs. This is a much more relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere than NACSW (so I'm told).
Riley has earned 4 Novice titles so far. Buildings, Containers, Distance, and Exterior. We are on to Advanced classes next.

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
Tito earned his UKC novice containers, novice exteriors, and novice vehicles this weekend, plus one leg toward his novice interiors. (We only entered interiors once due to a conflict with his CERF exam this afternoon). He even got a nice first place in interiors. All in all a good weekend, but passing the eye exam was the highlight :) .

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
Tito earned his UKC novice containers, novice exteriors, and novice vehicles this weekend, plus one leg toward his novice interiors. (We only entered interiors once due to a conflict with his CERF exam this afternoon). He even got a nice first place in interiors. All in all a good weekend, but passing the eye exam was the highlight :) .
Congrats !! Nosework is fun. And I like UKC Nosework. Where did you trial at?

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
We were at for your k9. Long days!!

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
Got a couple of photos from the Nosework trial, thought I'd share them. The first set (red background) shows a container search in the first photo, (notice he alerts by shoving his whole head in the box), the last photo in red shows an exterior search, where the odor is hidden under the fallen broom. This is novice level.
In the blue set, first photo Tito figures out which car it's on. Middle photo, he narrows it down to the middle of the front end, and final photo, he indicates that it is under the license plate. Yep. Good boy!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Tugg and my husband got another leg towards their level 3 C-Wags title today. I didn't enter Raider, wasn't sure if we were going to be able to crate inside and the weather is miserable outside. Proud of both my husband and Tugg.

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
Fun day at Nosework trials. It's a really low stress, fun thing to do with your dogs. Tito had a good day, went 6 for 6, got his UKC Novice Nosework title (NN), plus his container element title toward the Advanced title with a few second places and a third place, and best of all, 2 passes toward his Handler Discrimination Novice title. It's a really fun title, he has to identify my smell on a glove in a sealed box among 12 boxes. The other 11 are empty at the novice level. I was particularly proud of him because the boxes were securely taped shut, and not many dogs passed. They literally covered the entire seam of the box with duct tape!
Tito says....yeah yeah, more titles, more ribbons, YAWWWWNNNN. What's the big deal. Send food.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Very very proud to announce my husband and our dog, Tugg earned his NW 1 title today. It's been a long road, tons of training but they rocked it. Completed all four searches in 1 minute, 33 seconds, which didn't earn a placement, but still a very good time. We are giddy with joy.

·
Registered
21,054 Posts
Way to go!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #158 (Edited)
Very very proud to announce my husband and our dog, Tugg earned his NW 1 title today. It's been a long road, tons of training but they rocked it. Completed all four searches in 1 minute, 33 seconds, which didn't earn a placement, but still a very good time. We are giddy with joy.
Results are posted on the NACSW web site, Tugg finished in 6th place out of 45 over all. Very happy and proud. Now on to NW 2.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Took a picture of our Tugg today with his ribbon, NACSW gives out really nice rosettes. Tugg could care less about the ribbon, all he knows is he got to spend a fun day with us, sniff out stuff and get a yummy bone at the end of the day. And that's what's most important.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Took a picture of our Tugg today with his ribbon, NACSW gives out really nice rosettes. Tugg could care less about the ribbon, all he knows is he got to spend a fun day with us, sniff out stuff and get a yummy bone at the end of the day. And that's what's most important.
Congrats! Good stuff all of you with your pups!

I just got into two trials with both my dogs. Rusty will be in a NW2, and Kerrie Ann will be in a NW1 trial in May :)

Wish me luck, and I hope both dogs will title in a few months!

141 - 160 of 174 Posts