Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of off topic....kind of not.

I made an appointment for Pilot in Cleveland for a couple of weeks from now. (Wish us luck!) We will be driving there and back in the same day. Three hours each way. Anyone around the area know of a good place to train/chase bumpers or something? Maybe a dog friendly beach or something? I have a feeling he may need to get rid of some pent up energy!

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
I'm in Cleveland. Actually a suburb West of. I don't take any our our current Goldens off-leash anywhere. I don't trust other people\dogs.

We used to go to the Metro Parks off leash. Plenty of big fields and so on, but I believe the law requires them to be on leash. I'm told the fine is pretty big if you get caught.

Edgewater Beach on Lake Erie just west of downtown has a section for dogs off leash. I've never been there.

There are dog parks scattered around. One in my town. Never go to them though. People talk a lot about Lakewood Dog Park.

I found this for you. Might be of interest.

ETA:
It just occurred to me you might be able to contact someone in the club (no longer a member):

Also there is Buckeye Retriever Club you might try contacting.

There is property East of CLE in Chardon (actually Hamden I think) that both clubs use for training and events. Big fields and several ponds. It's close to an hour from my house. Maybe someone in one of the clubs could get you in?. Used to go there a lot to take pictures at Hunt Tests and so on. Beautiful property.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! Actually going to North Ridgeville. Absolutely no dog parks🙂 A short walk, some training, or a few bumper throws would be good. I see some good things there.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, everything went very well. He was a perfect angel. 🙂

We chose Mill Run Metropark. It was beautiful. When attempting to be a good boy, you mustn’t look at what it is that you truly want! (There’s birds in the water)
Dog Plant Dog breed Carnivore Tree

Reactions: Otter
1 - 12 of 12 Posts