Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
My name is Morgan and I’m from Durham, North Carolina. I have decided to start the search for my forever Golden ! I recently posted on The Wake Forest community page about breeder suggestions and got many answers and then several messages in my inbox to “steer clear” of certain breeders. I have checked out the Tarheel Golden Retriever Club page and have emailed/applied so many breeders. Someone said to come here. Does anybody have any suggestions? Also if you know of a breeder to avoid please let me know! Thank you :)

·
Kristy
10,413 Posts
Welcome :) Unfortunately, there are plenty of breeders to avoid in the Carolinas. No matter who the breeder is you will want to ask about clearances on the parents of the litter you're interested in. If you have registered names of the parents someone here can help you verify those clearances on a public database.

I don't have any suggestions specifically but will add that you might want to consider contacting Sandlapper GRC and Atlanta GRC and into Virginia - www.grca.org has those regional club listings and the puppy referral contacts for each litter. I am afraid you will most likely have to wait a while on a litter unless you find someone who ends up with more puppies than they expected or someone backs out. I encourage you to be open to travel, that will help a lot. Hopefully someone here will have some ideas.

You could reach out to Goldruls Golden Retrievers in Georgia, she often has puppies although I am pretty sure she has a long wait list. However, she has a super nice male dog who is used by other breeders, possibly she could refer you to a litter in the southeast that he has sired that is due. Prism may have some suggestions for you if she sees this thread, she is pretty connected.

Best of luck with your search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your lengthy response! I went ahead and checked out the SGRC! I am still searching - I would be open to travel as well I just want to find the right fit. I’ve probably applied to close to 20 now.

·
Super Moderator Leader
54,071 Posts
Welcome CarolinaGirl, I am over on the Coast by E. I.

My neighbors contacted the Tarheel Club many years ago and were referred to Sunkyst Goldens. Sunkyst is located in SC, they got a boy from her about 8 years ago. He's a good looking boy.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and best of luck with your search!

·
Esquire Golden Retrievers
4,957 Posts
I highly recommend Bill & Patty Pace at Sandpiper Goldens in Pinehurst, NC. Good people, ethical breeders, wonderful dogs. HOME | Sandpipergoldens They bred two of my favorite dogs ever. And we liked them so much we even bred a girl to one of those them. I don't know whether they have puppies or will soon, but I don't think you can go wrong with Sandpiper.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I highly recommend Bill & Patty Pace at Sandpiper Goldens in Pinehurst, NC. Good people, ethical breeders, wonderful dogs. HOME | Sandpipergoldens They bred two of my favorite dogs ever. And we liked them so much we even bred a girl to one of those them. I don't know whether they have puppies or will soon, but I don't think you can go wrong with Sandpiper.
Hello Danaruns
I live in Raleigh and will definitely be reaching out to them. Do you recommend any others on N.C.?

·
Super Moderator Leader
54,071 Posts
Has anyone ever heard of Good Life Goldens in NC?

I did a Forum search for them, here is a thread-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts