Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly is 9 months and I swear is chewing on things more now then when she was younger. That being said I can't seem to find just the right blanket/bed to put into her crate. I have tried several things but she has chewed them all. She does have toys but she isn't interested in them as much as chewing her bed. Right now we have nothing but at night time I swear she does a tap dance in there and I am a light sleeper.
:--sleep:
Just wondering what everyone else uses.

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Good luck there- I have never once had or fostered a Golden under the age of five that could have a blanket in his crate anywhere excpet the car... and all one and unders couldn't even handle that! The good news is, most Goldens would rather not have a blanket, and will shove it away anyway because they are such a hot natured breed and they dislike being warm so much. (At least here in Florida, even in the cold A/C, that's my experience). The bad news is, the sound of their nails and wagging tail on an empty crate tray is extremely annoying and disruptive to sleep for humans. I haven't found a compromise other than sleeping with a fan on high to block it out or having the crate in another room.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I've lost count of how many times I posted on Sienna's chewing through her bedding in her crate. I even made a KEVLAR bed and she got through to the stuffing!

We keep Sienna's crate empty except for kongs during the day, but she getting bedding at night and she leaves it- have you tried it just through the night to see what happens? I know she is young, but you never know since it is more conducive to sleep time?

·
chew chew chew
3,571 Posts
Same here, Bender is 11 and she has a bed... the others... not so good. Storee doesn't get anything in her crate or I have to clean up after her 'arts and crafts' project of the night.

The best blankets safety wise are either towels or fleece, without any filling.

Lana

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I tried a blanket in Bama's crate and he hated it. Pushed it to the side and laid on the floor so I took it out. You might consider doing that.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
For Gilmour's X-Pen, I've decided to just get a dozen $3 cotton towels from Target. You can never have enough dog towels anyway :)

I'll layer 4 or so of them up on his Cooleroo bed. If he don't want them, he can pull them off :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts