Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
3,053 Posts

·
Service Dog Handler
68 Posts
Yay!! I'm so glad Noah has his "official" thread now! It will be awesome to see more pics of him.

·
where the tails wag
13,349 Posts
Yay! Single threads are wonderful - not only for us but for you to watch his progress & growth :)

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We've been taking advantage of doggy daycare on days that he'd normally be crated for longer than we like, and he loves it. Some days we get lucky and they take pictures on the day he's there (they don't post daily pictures, usually a few times a week though).

This was this past Saturday. He was so full of piss and vinegar that morning, and just wanted to pester his sister the cat, so I decided he needed a day playing with his friends, who were receptive to his play overtures! LOL

I dropped him off this morning and he was pulling his way in "let me in, let me in!" and then saw me leaving and was "take me with you, take me with you!!!"

He really does love being there, and we're taking full advantage until he turns 6 months, when he'll be officially "kicked out" since we are not neutering him. I may see how long he can go before they figure out he's past his six month age. The staff adores him, and calls him a living teddy bear. :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Adorable! I love puppy playcare photos. Rundle is there today. I am hoping they get some good shots of her!
Any teeth missing yet? Should be about time I would think.
I also brought Rundle to daycare one day when she was acting like she had been cooped up for a month. Our cat has claws though and usually tells Rundle right where to go... I don't know who I feel more sorry for.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adorable! I love puppy playcare photos. Rundle is there today. I am hoping they get some good shots of her!
Any teeth missing yet? Should be about time I would think.
I also brought Rundle to daycare one day when she was acting like she had been cooped up for a month. Our cat has claws though and usually tells Rundle right where to go... I don't know who I feel more sorry for.
It's funny you should ask about teeth - he has only lost two lower front teeth that I can tell. I keep looking for lost teeth, but Noah seems to be an under achiever in that regard! LOL

And our cat also has claws, but pulls her punches with him. I keep telling her to put him in his place, so he'll learn, but she tolerates him for the most part. Our large wire crate, the one with Noah's name on the cover? I should have had Lexi's name put on it. The door to it is cracked, and she runs into it and hangs out in there when he gets to be too much. He hates that crate - he prefers his hard plastic one. We ended up putting a small cushion in there for her, and you'll find her napping in there all the time!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
It's funny you should ask about teeth - he has only lost two lower front teeth that I can tell. I keep looking for lost teeth, but Noah seems to be an under achiever in that regard! LOL

And our cat also has claws, but pulls her punches with him. I keep telling her to put him in his place, so he'll learn, but she tolerates him for the most part. Our large wire crate, the one with Noah's name on the cover? I should have had Lexi's name put on it. The door to it is cracked, and she runs into it and hangs out in there when he gets to be too much. He hates that crate - he prefers his hard plastic one. We ended up putting a small cushion in there for her, and you'll find her napping in there all the time!
Just watch how fast the teeth fall now that he's started. It's crazy!

Rundle hardly uses her crate anymore, except to take things in their to chew on. When the blankets are in there the cat will go in sometimes to sleep (as pictured on Rundle's thread) but, usually Rundle digs any blankets that are in there out. Not sure what we will do with the extra doggy blankets now either. I keep telling DH we should just get rid of the crate now since she doesn't really use it at all anyhow.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just watch how fast the teeth fall now that he's started. It's crazy!

Rundle hardly uses her crate anymore, except to take things in their to chew on. When the blankets are in there the cat will go in sometimes to sleep (as pictured on Rundle's thread) but, usually Rundle digs any blankets that are in there out. Not sure what we will do with the extra doggy blankets now either. I keep telling DH we should just get rid of the crate now since she doesn't really use it at all anyhow.
I hope he does start losing those wicked sharp baby teeth soon! We can't give up the crate yet - at least not during the day. He hasn't earned unsupervised "free time" yet! LOL And that's ok - he's still a baby!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's so amazing to look back over the past three months and much our boy has grown physically and in our hearts. Friday he had his booster flu shot and got micro chipped. I went back and forth on whether to micro chip or not, worrying about whether it was another cancer risk, but I would be heart broken if for some reason we lost him and there was no way for someone who might find him, to contact us. We hope never to have use the technology, but it does bring some peace of mind.

And at 18 weeks, he weighed in at 38 lbs. I think he could stand to lose a "little" weight, but figure another growth spurt will take care of that, but we're watching his weight all the same. He has a defined waist, and I can easily feel his ribs, but I think I'm a bit too hyper aware of making sure we keep him lean. Anyway.......

Here's a couple pictures from this past Friday.

My handsome "Little Baby Noah"

Noah wishing Mommy would go away with the picture taking so he can sleep:

And Noah this morning on his way to doggy daycare - they adore him there! The gal was gushing over him on Friday saying "Noah - you are so handsome, you need to be a doggy model!" LOL I actually think he's in his goofy looking stage, myself!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Oh he is really cute! His fur looks like it would be so soft!! And I love his colouring so far. It's so great watching our pups grow up. Noah now outweighs Rundle by 2lbs, but, he looks like a lean healthy boy from what I can tell.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh he is really cute! His fur looks like it would be so soft!! And I love his colouring so far. It's so great watching our pups grow up. Noah now outweighs Rundle by 2lbs, but, he looks like a lean healthy boy from what I can tell.
We are trying to keep him lean with a lot of exercise. He gets 3 thirty minute walks a day, followed by some fetch. I'd like him to be a "little" leaner. Between meals, he looks much leaner. And yes, his fur is very soft.

Those ears are massive and fluffy
Yes they are! Lol

1 - 20 of 200 Posts