Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noah did a spot safety inspection of Scouts inflatable collar while we wait for him to return from the vet this evening. (Scout was in to get altered today)

We have already called the vet several times and Scout is well...we are a mess on this end waiting...it seems like forever.

He added a little drama in the last photo - but really seemed to like it.
(no goldens were harmed while taking these photos)

Attachments

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Noah is such a good big brother. He looks so handsome in that first picture and so silly in the fourth picture.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Wonderful pictures, and what a Handsome Guy he is!! So many cute looks in the pictures! That is the same collar, color and all that I had for Lexi! It was so much better than the hard plastic e-collar, and fortunately....she didn't try tearing her stitches apart on her foot!

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Last pic so funny, hope Scout is ok and home by now

·
Daisy-Broken Heart Healer
595 Posts
Thanks! Those pictures made me laugh out loud. I'm sure your other guy will be fine too. It is definitely hard on the parents though :)

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
I just about spit out my water on that last picture. I just imaged what he was saying. I've never seen a collar like that before. Very cool.

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
Those collars make me think of lifeboat rings. I hope Scout won't need his too much. I know what you mean about worrying; I think I worried more about Jamie than I worried about my husband when he had surgery last year!

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Hope your youngster is home and recovering this evening. Darling photos of Noah, and the last one is the universal dog scream "hey, people, get this thing OFF of me!!!"

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That last picture just cracked me up. Bama got neutered this week and he has a soft bendable ecollar and he has done really well with it. My friend had a blow up one for her golden when he got neutered and the other dogs popped it biting on it. Hope that Scout is home and getting lots of loving and spoiling for his brave surgery.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Scout is well. He does not need the tube. I guess Noah was a pain and needed it when he had it done. Scout is not bothering it at all.

Last night was rough. Apparently Scout is a hard sitter - we never noticed until last night every time he would sit he would plop...and cry and stand. Poor guy.

He fell asleep standing. I was able to pull the bed over to him and pull his two front feet down, but he had that puppy butt in the air and it was not coming down. He slept with butt in the air for about 30 minutes - I was able to gently knock him over and he slept pretty good for a few more hours. He was afraid to sit...so every time he got up it was about 30 minutes of getting him down again. Once down he was good.

Gave him his pain killer this morning and he was back to normal - eating and drinking well. Not being as gentle with himself as he was last night. He is pretty good...all kisses and love again.

Hardest part is - snow. HE wants to play with Noah and NOah is all about play....it is snowing after all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts