Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think Jackson has his first hot spot. I just notied a small spot on his foot where there is very little fur. So...I used my Pet First Aid Kit (which I had to make for my Century College Animal Science class) and I now covered it.

So...I hope this fur will grow back very soon.

Poor Jackson

:--sad:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cleaned it out and then I put a glaze pad on it then wrapped it with a gaze wrap then vet wrap (purple).

·
Registered
43,252 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually think it is not a hotspot after looking at it more. Because there is not bald spot on it. There is fur covering it up. He has it on BOTH rear legs (on the hocks). I am going to ask some of my instructors for my Animal Science class because she is a Vet tech and should know what to do.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
It might just be allergy chewing. Hotspots are red, oozy, fast spreading sores that dogs want to lick and bite at taking the fur with it.

Fergus still has one now on the base of his tail and I've about had it what with the cone, his anxiety from wanting to get to it and not being able to, his not sleeping, and his total distrust of me because anytime I say his name or offer him a treat he thinks I want to touch his owie in some way.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It might just be allergy chewing. Hotspots are red, oozy, fast spreading sores that dogs want to lick and bite at taking the fur with it.

The spot on his legs are not spreading. So, I know it is not a hotspot. I think the spots may have to do with food change. My mom get some food that he has never had before. Then I noticed the spots. So, I put him on the regular food. Hope it works.

·
Griff's a Muffin Thief!
3,165 Posts
Griff only had one small one - I used listerine on a cotton ball to clean it from time to time. I tried the Gold Bond but he acted like it stung him (maybe the combo?) so just stuck with the listerine. It cleared up pretty quickly thank goodness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts