Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Read Only
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

This is Buddy from the South of France. My Mom used to be really active here a few years ago but then she got a bit lazy …. anyways…. she has 2 questions for you.
First, why if I am a perfectly trained all round good guy in ANY situation why do I still jump up at my friends and no amount of training will ever stop me because I love them so much. And second, I am not yet 5 years old but my eye brows, moustache and beard are already turning grey/white like an old geezer. Mum thinks it's cute but is it normal?

·
Registered
304 Posts
You need to be consistent and stop the jumping. Turning your back will usually work.

I have heard heartworm meds turn the muzzle white. I'm not sure if that is true

·
Registered
12,660 Posts
Turning white early is genetic. Likely Buddy's parents (or at least one of them) went grey early, too. My girl's dad was an early sugar face. She started to go white at 5 years old. It stalled for two years, and then in the past few months, it's progressed more. The darker the Golden, the more noticeable the early greying is.

·
Read Only
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turning white early is genetic. Likely Buddy's parents (or at least one of them) went grey early, too. My girl's dad was an early sugar face. She started to go white at 5 years old. It stalled for two years, and then in the past few months, it's progressed more. The darker the Golden, the more noticeable the early greying is.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
We’re doing well. Retired (but didn’t quit) 3 grandkids, Ginger will be 7 in December and wife and I will celebrate 50th anniversary in January. Someone should give her a medal.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Funny, Ginger is the dog, Ezra is the grandson adopted January 2019 at three days old. Victoria was born 6 months earlier in Shanghai and moved to Texas last August just in time to miss the pandemic. Parker turned 5 this past January.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well,you know cote d'azur guys & girls.Did we not always want to look older than we are just to get into Jimmy'z,Caves du Roy....Believe me he knows what he is doing with those greyish hair on his muzzle.He just wants to look older most probably.And those jumping thing.Allors on dance😎

·
Read Only
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well,you know cote d'azur guys & girls.Did we not always want to look older than we are just to get into Jimmy'z,Caves du Roy....Believe me he knows what he is doing with those greyish hair on his muzzle.He just wants to look older most probably.And those jumping thing.Allors on dance😎

·
Registered
637 Posts
Pas problem!!Only a weekend avec Peri will turn Buddy dans un plus fameaux celibataire of whole Riviera.Real Golden Life..... ☄ 🍾🍾🍾🚘🏁🎶🎶🚀💃👠👔♣♠♥🛥💥
PS:apres la Pandemie 💋

·
Registered
17,489 Posts
Also wanted to say hi and welcome back!

·
Registered
637 Posts
By the way,if you need any behaviourist or trainer for the jumping issue (in my case not an issue ),please contact Brigitte Bardot Foundation .They cover your area.They will put you in touch with the right trainer.They are really but really a very animal friendly organization for all kinds and will always think the best for the animal preventing you wasting time & money on wrong trainers.For the white muzzle, well I hope you won't need one.Bonne Chance 🍀

1 - 20 of 44 Posts