Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To our surprise, JJ, who's 5 months of age, lost most of his bottom teeth towards the back of his mouth today, pretty much one right after the other. Is this normal?

His front teeth have started to come in, but the ones on the side and in the back of his jaw are all gone. I would imagine we have to water down his food now to soften it up. He didn't have problems eating this morning or this afternoon, but then again, he had more eat then then he does now.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
It can happen fast like that and the other teeth will come in very fast. Were you able to save any of the teeth? I have four of Bama's teeth. You can give him a frozen washcloth to help sooth his gums but make sure to put down a towel because it will be wet and messy as the melts. Or a frozen carrot.

Reactions: Karen519

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
jj

Your JJ is just adorable!!! Glad you got some answers here.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
Beamer did this when he was teething, too. His bottom right premolars and molars were all gone in a matter of a day. His teeth turned out great, so don't worry.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ozzy lost his really fast too. He ate normally and really didn't seem to notice though I don't know how. His gums were so bloody at time.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses. Just wanted to make sure this was normal.

We've try giving him a frozen wash cloth, but it lasts about 10 minutes before he starts tearing it apart and we have to take it away. Is there some way I can teach him to chew nice without ripping things apart?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Woops!! A whip round for the tooth fairy is in order I think. Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts