Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I started the process of housing hunting about 7 months ago and I am looking for a reputable breeder that has a litter coming in the next 6 months-year (or longer, I'm willing to wait for the right dog/breeder). I grew up with a Golden but this will be the first of my own. I read tons of threads on breeders in the northeast and narrowed it down to 3 breeders I am interested in. There were others that I found but after reading pedigrees on their websites, I ruled them out. My question is, is it impossible to find a breeder without a dog that died from cancer in the line?
I am looking for info on the following breeders who I am most interested in based on recommendations from people both on this forum and friends who have dogs from these breeders. I could not find their pedigree online. I am also looking for pricing, expecting to pay $3,000 but just want to know just in case it is more than that, I don't want to be blindsided.

Harborview Goldens
Pennylane Goldens
Hillock Goldens

Does anyone know of any health issues from these breeders?
Any tips on reading pedigrees?

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying! My friend has a dog from Pennylane and she is very sweet, was just looking for info since her pedigrees weren't posted.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
There is a Pennylane puppy in the puppy class I help teach, and that dog is fantastic. She is super sweet and has killer focus for a puppy her age.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts