Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not meant to be funny- sort of comical relief more than anything. On Friday ( the 13th),She was out in the yard, and we always go out there with them. Well she was on the side of the yard, you can not really see from the porch, when she let out a scream, then he said came trotting back to the house going " ABB-ba--baaaa, abb-ba-baa!". Frantically he starts feeling her, I heard it from upstairs and came flying. ( really dumb michelle!). Feeling my hands all over her, hubby grabbed a big bowl, added warm water to rinse off her legs so I could see if a puncture of something, but the pain was coming from like her neck or shoulder. Hubby said to her " Nina honey- what did you hit??". No kidding - she looked at him and went " ABB-BAA-BAA bub-bun. He looked at me- and grinned and said " she said she hit her abb-ba-baa button".. I hate to say this but we both started laughing. Our laughter she stopped making the noise the wagged her tail slowly.
Now- I know dogs do not have a " abb-ba-baa" button- unless anyone ever heard of it before.. LOL. Poor Nina. Anyway- since she calmed down, no other signs - no shaking, panting, unsteady movement and such. I just let her lay down. Watched her for any signs of breathing problems or return of abb-ba-baa buttonm (???) and then after about 30 minutes gave her an asprin for inflamation. Called the vet during all this. They said to watch her and if I felt she needed to be seen, come on in. ( they are a 24 hour facility).
Honestly- puppies! But I will say this is the very first puppy I ever had tell me her " abb-ba-baa button" got hit!
Now- if anyone knows what a " abb-ba-baa button" is- could you please tell me???

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes thanks to you and the arnica. That stuff did wonders! But really folks- what is a abb-baa-baa button? LOL

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That is funny. I have never heard of a abb-baa-baa button. But it does sound serious.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhhhh for sure- she said it was very serious when you hit your 'abb-baa-baa bub bun" ( button?) Oh and she implied that peanut butter toast fixes it too... Giving daily of course so it doesn't come back... LOL

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea but I am thinking the abb-baa-baa button is the ( not) funny bone.. LOL.. ( no- I do not dote on my dogs- what makes people think that??? LOL)

·
Old Gold is the Best Gold
18,122 Posts
Ah, we're alike ;) How could you not spoil those little needle nosed doe eyed cuties???? Here's my spoiled houndie:

"Please Mom? I'm starving! No one ever feeds me!"

Oh, the shame (shhh, I secretly like it!)

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Oh no, poor Nina! I haven't heard of anyone else hurting their Abb-Baa-Baa Buttons before... sounds like something that sheep get more often than dogs! :)

Glad that she's back to her old self now.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Sheesh ACC - It's a wonder he doesn't run away from home.:doh: Looks a bit like Elton John don't you think?
Mine NEVER get dressed up and made to wear someting they shouldn't.;)
I'll find a picture of Tramp later. He was decked out in pink long johns (top and bottom) and a flannel nightgown at one time.:doh: I couldn't find dog clothes that were big enough! He tried to run way, but he was quite old and moved really slow so I caught him before he could complain to the neighbors..:p:

I don't know what a abb baa baa button is or where it is for that matter.
Poor little baby. Peanut butter toast is definitely in order.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Funny! I wonder if she got stung by a bee or something...Benadryl 1 per every 25 pounds would help for a sting...

I'll ask Tailer where his "ABB-ba--baaaa Button" is located! I'll get back to you, K? Glad she is Ok... :)

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea we had our hands allllll over her! I did not even know our little girl was capable of such drama! LOL

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Oh those pictures are priceless! Look at how clearly you can see her collar...so NOT used to that with the golden's! And that COSTUME!! so fitting!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts