Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some nicknames you have given your golden? Callie has quite a list!

Cal-cal
Pup
Little snot :D
Callie-girl
Pretty pup
Sweetums
Little girl
Fluff ball

And i'm sure i'll come up with some more later on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jessie has these nicknames:
Golden Girl
Jessie Jane
Boobala
My Bubbies
Moment so Gold Softee [her kennel name]

The kids call her.....the Blerb, Blubbitt. [now where they came from I have no idea......the names I mean, not the kids, LOL]

Shadow is:
Buddha Boy [cos when he was a puppy he was round and chubby and reminded me of a Buddha]
Boodala [sorta like Boobala]

and the kids call him....

Doofus
Klutz

·
Registered
111 Posts
I almost remember where my kids came from. Ha ha.

Our Golden was officially Woody's Texas Ranger but we called him:
Woody
Puppy boy
The Woodster
Woods monster
and finally our kids called him Bean Blosom (I have no idea how they came up with that one)

While we're on the topic of names . . . I still have not found a boy's name for our new GR. The sire is Bust-a-Move and I would like to come up with a name to compliment him. But I can't come up with anything. So I'm thinking about a different kind of name all together. My wife and I call out different names all day long as we think of them but nothing sticks.

We just lived in southeast Louisiana for 4 months and I would like to come up with a name that reminds of our stay there. I have considered:
Crawfish
Gumbo
Mamou (a town in the heart of Cujun country)
Bogaloosa (we could call hin Bogy or Bo)

We have thought of many Louisiana names that are more feminine but not many macho names.

I like Mamou because the town and the Acadian people were my most favorite in all of Louisiana, And I also like Crawfish. But, of course, my wife would rather pick something different.

Can you guys help?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Boogity said:
I almost remember where my kids came from. Ha ha.

Our Golden was officially Woody's Texas Ranger but we called him:
Woody
Puppy boy
The Woodster
Woods monster
and finally our kids called him Bean Blosom (I have no idea how they came up with that one)

While we're on the topic of names . . . I still have not found a boy's name for our new GR. The sire is Bust-a-Move and I would like to come up with a name to compliment him. But I can't come up with anything. So I'm thinking about a different kind of name all together. My wife and I call out different names all day long as we think of them but nothing sticks.

We just lived in southeast Louisiana for 4 months and I would like to come up with a name that reminds of our stay there. I have considered:
Crawfish
Gumbo
Mamou (a town in the heart of Cujun country)
Bogaloosa (we could call hin Bogy or Bo)

We have thought of many Louisiana names that are more feminine but not many macho names.

I like Mamou because the town and the Acadian people were my most favorite in all of Louisiana, And I also like Crawfish. But, of course, my wife would rather pick something different.

Can you guys help?
Hey this is just a suggestion.....I discovered that my ancestors were French Cajun...Louisiana....and there is a famous Cajun band down there with the same name as my maiden name....Beausoleil,(pronounced Beau-so-lay) which means "Good Sun/Son" for your male golden....you could call him Beau or Beaus for short!! I stuck part of my maiden name in my goldens AKC name which is "My Beau Ty" We call him "Ty", or Bubbie or Tyson or Ty Ty or Ta Ty or Bubbie Boy....my favorite is "Blonde Surfer Dude"....:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
GoldenLover - please excuse me - I did not mean to steal your thread.

Ty's Marty - You hit the nail on the head! :eek: Just this morning my wife and I came up with that exact same name. I have two CDs by Beausoleil and listen the them all the time. I think they may be a little Zydeco so we thought of naming him Zydeco Beausoleil.

It apears to me that when you look into dogs registration names, most owners seem to want to have a name with some deep meaning or even thought provoking. Zydeco Beausoleil would provoke some thought - but I'm not sure what kind of thoughts.:confused: How about Vodo-man?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Boogity, seems like a little ESP going on here...lol! I don't think that "My Beau Ty" is either "deep" or thought provoking...but I like it and that is really all that matters!!....LOL
The fact that "Beausoleil" means "good sun/son" has a great connotation for your dog and the Zydeco makes it uniquely yours.....and I for one have always liked being "unique"...lol As for Vodo-man....sounds to sinister for a beautiful, gentle golden boy!! But only my opinion...lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
my dog rusty has many nicknames here are some:
poopie
rust
hunter (his middle name):rolleyes:
bopie
cooks
boo
& stoopie poopie:p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Boogity

The name, Tanner, comes to mind as a name for your dog. I've never known a dog with that name, but it just hit me when I read your post.

Coffee's nicknames are:

Coffeecakes
Coffustofftoffeltoine (my ex husband did that one)
Sweetie
Love of my life

Brandy is:

Brandus
Randy Brandy
Sweetie

I'm not terribly imaginative with the nicknames. :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
I forgot the other nickname the kids and my partner have given Shadow....
Boofhead!!!!!

I of course, keep saying that he is NOT a boofhead, but I have to admit he does have his moments being an adolescent male dog!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Mojo's knicknames are: Butthead, Mojoman, Bubbie, Bubbie boy, Handsome fella, sweetie, Goofball, hey you, bud, buddyboy. Mostly I just call him "mummy's little boy". I think I spoil him a bit.
Zoe has ZuZu, goatgirl, zoezoodle, **** you come here (sorry if I offend anyone), and Mummy's girl.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:wave: hi our dog Millie has a couple of nicknames, she gets

mills
princess
and the one she seems to get excited about and sometimes resonds more to than just Millie, is Millie-lilly, when we call her this i think she knows she has been a good girl!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Austin's nicknames:

Bubba
Pooky (not very masculine!)
Little Bear
Sunny Bear
Bunny
I really don't know where they all came from but they just stuck and he answers to all of them! I' m glad to hear that other people have nicknames for their dogs(i was thinking maybe we were the only ones!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts