Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want some interesting and instructional reading, I highly recommend the newsletter from the School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University. It is solely focused on dogs, and much better content than anything I've ever found at the newstands.

I've been subscribing for many years and there is always at least one interesting article.

http://yourdog.tufts.edu/

In the current article, there is an interesting article about allowing pets to see their deceased animal companions, so that they realized that they are not lost/not coming back. I'll discuss this in a different posting.

-Pablo

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Thanks Pablo, i'll take a look at it. Another one that I have found very good and comes straight from the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine is called "Dog Watch". This one you do have pay for though, but the articles are very well covered and interesting.

When I lost Telly, Bianka was taken out too the garage and was shown him, she was also taken out to the burial place where he was laid to rest before burial. I don't think even after all that she quite understood what happened. She knew where he was, but after a few days she would run to the edge of the deck as if too get him to wake up and come play with her, of course that could not happen. (Sad)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
When we had to put down Jack(our Flatcoat) because of cancer,we put him on his loveseat,on his favorite blanket.Lee sat and held him,I leaned over the back and snuggled his face and Amber (his Golden mate) sat in front and put her paw on his. The Vet gave him the shot and sent him home to God.
Amber sat at the grave and watched him be buried. She would visit his grave every night until we moved. They are capable of much more than most people know.See my post with this linkhttp://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/showthread.php?t=4926&highlight=Jack+Amber
Shane

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goldndust said:
Thanks Pablo, i'll take a look at it. Another one that I have found very good and comes straight from the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine is called "Dog Watch". This one you do have pay for though, but the articles are very well covered and interesting.
I used to get Dog Watch as well, a long time ago, then switched to Your Dog. Your Dog is also paid btw.
Goldndust said:
When I lost Telly, Bianka was taken out too the garage and was shown him, she was also taken out to the burial place where he was laid to rest before burial. I don't think even after all that she quite understood what happened. She knew where he was, but after a few days she would run to the edge of the deck as if too get him to wake up and come play with her, of course that could not happen. (Sad)
With our oldest getting close to 13, we have been wondering how his buddy is going to deal with his loss when it comes. Not looking forward to this event in their lives.
-Pablo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts