Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The vet said she's either full golden or at least part golden. She's about 2 months old... What do you think?

She's playful but mostly naps around and cuddles. Could be due to her recovery from a pneumothorax... She's intelligent and I started clicker training yesterday and she learned her name quickly! One thing I notice is that her head a little smaller than it would be for a Golden? I have no idea, but it'd be nice to know! I've heard so many good things about Golden Retrievers. :)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
She is adorable! She looks to have alot of Golden, but she has some lift in her ears that might signify another breed, which I dunno. WHatever she is, she is cute cute cute!!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum to you and Delilah. She is a cutie. Sounds like she is doing great. You are going to have lots of fun with her.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
She is adorable! She sure looks mostly golden to me, though I would guess more along 10-12 weeks old. She seems to have such a sweet nature!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Oakley's : Hahaha I know! My cat got a little hissy when she first met Delilah so I think she stuck with that first impression. :p
@Foster : I thought the same thing! I studied up on them before I met her in person and I was very surprised at this giant fluffball they carried to me. :)

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
She is super pretty! Enjoy her.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Absolutely adorable!!! She looks golden to me. She is getting her "Racing stripe" down her back which will be her color as time goes on. Enjoy!!!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
ArmyWife

ArmyWife

Thank you for adopting her!
Delilah sure is a beauty and looks Golden to me.
What is a pneumothorax?

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
She's beautiful and sure looks golden from what I see. Most pups will eventually match the color of their ears when their adult coat comes in. Keep those pics coming.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pneumothorax is when a puncture/hole in the lung leaks out air. It can be fatal if serious/untreated but hers was so minor it literally cleared up in about a week and a half. When I first saw her I could run my fingers alone her side and feel crackly bubbles. Ironic because my husband had a spontaneous pneumothorax in 2009 so that helped to tug at his heart strings to get her adopted. ;)

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Delilah

You and your Hubby are very lucky and so is Delilah-she is
BREATHTAKINGINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OH! Another thing, my mother's a teacher and was talking about her at work and a fellow teacher had heard of someone selling or giving away golden retriever puppies recently. She could be one of those... she probably was clipped by a car. She was at the vet for over a week and the last 3 days {the 3 days after I adopted her officially} she was still unclaimed.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
She is adorable. In some of the pictures she looks fullblooded and in that last picture in your first post the way her ears were she looked like she could have some australian shepherd in her but all the rest and in your signature she looks full blooded. But no matter what she is just the cutest. And with that story of her surgery and your hubby's surgery it was meant to be.

Glad you have joined us.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Well, she certainly deserves all the love and spoiling you have to offer. She's adorable and her rocky start is tragic. Who on earth has a little one like that to be hit by a car??!!!!

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
She is adorable. In some of the pictures she looks fullblooded and in that last picture in your first post the way her ears were she looked like she could have some australian shepherd in her but all the rest and in your signature she looks full blooded. But no matter what she is just the cutest. And with that story of her surgery and your hubby's surgery it was meant to be.

Glad you have joined us.

Sounds like a Godwink to me. :)

She looks 100 percent golden to me, you will be able to tell more once she gets older.

·
Registered
12,917 Posts
Oh, she is a cutie!! Lots of Golden for sure... with maybe ... Samoyed?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts