Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Finley's pop
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading posts for awhile - it's great to read about all the fun and love others have with their Goldens. The forums were also helpful and therapeutic when our boy, Murphy, was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma -- which ultimately took him from us just over a month ago.

I posted some photos of Murph in my profile. He was your typical Golden -- meaning he was quite amazing.

I'm in between Goldens at the moment -- hoping Mother Nature cooperates and we have another furry bundle of joy in early 2012. Until then, I look forward to reading and contributing to the forums.

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Welcome from the opposite corner of the map:wavey:

I always will be saddened by the loss of someones best friend and I know Murphy was amazing....all Golden Retriever owners will understand that:)

I hope you find just the perfect GR to come into your life.

·
Administrator
16,472 Posts
Welcome to the board. I am sorry to read of the loss of your beloved Murphy. As the time comes closer also keep us posted , and with pictures if possible too, of your next Golden. In the mean time we hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So sorry to hear about Murphy. I have only owned a Golden for 6 weeks now, but I can honestly say they are the most amazing breed I have ever been around. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you have a new best buddy early next year!

·
and Luvtazz too
509 Posts
I also know about that dx of hemangiosarcoma. I lost Tazz 4 years ago and think of him daily. Buzz is a tribute to how much I loved Tazz. Goldens are such wonderful dogs. Sorry to hear about your lose.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,531 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to read about your loss of Murphy, he was a cute dog. The picture of him sleeping, he looks like my Buddy. It is sad when you lose your best friend, I lost mine in May, but when the right time comes it is going to be golden again.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hi! I am from the Seattle/Renton area of the NorthWest:wavey:We adopted Lola at 11 months old a couple of months ago. Look forward to your puppy stories to come! Welcome!:)

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
hi, from Sadie (lab) and Bridger in Orting, WA.

I'm so glad you'll be honoring Murphy by getting another golden soon. Have you found a breeder?

·
Lubbin mi prends!
9,057 Posts
Hi from Lilly (neighbor from Portland, OR ;) and welcome to the forum).

Heike

·
Finley's pop
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Met with our (hopeful) breeder and the (hopeful) momma Golden tonight. Also spent time with her two other Goldens -- it was so fun to be in a houseful of Golden lovin'!! Sure do miss that.

A few other Seattle folks have asked about more details on the breeder and puppies. I'm gonna' hold off on saying too much until everything's more "for sure" -- like after there are puppies and we know we'll have one. Don't wanna' get ahead of ourselves too much. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome to Forum from a fellow Seattleite. We are also working with a breeder we met through the Evergreen Golden Retriever Club and if all goes well, we hope to have a puppy at the first of the year as well! It will be my first golden (and for that matter my first dog). With retirement planned for end of year and pup a month later (hopefully), it will be a very fun time!

·
Mavsmumontario
15 Posts
Hi there, This is Karen from Orangeville, Ontario. Our sweet Maverick passed away this past March (cancer) It has been very painful for me and my family. We miss Maverick so much. On 12/24 for a christmas surprise I will be picking up "Griffin" on new golden boy!!!! I am filled with so much excitement. I hope in 2012 you will be welcoming a new golden into your life. Kind Regards, Karen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts