Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone! I am a 25 year old female living in NY. I work as a veterinary technician, as well as in a no-kill animal shelter, where I see all sorts of different types of dogs and cats.

I am owned by five cats and a 70lb Retriever mix named Hershey. He turned 6 years old this August and was adopted from a no-kill shelter as an 8 wk old little ball of fluff. There have been a lot of different opinions on what his mix is, but he is definitely some kind of Retriever. If you believe in the accuracy of the Mars Wisdom Panel, his results have him as a Cavalier KCS/Bloodhound/Flat Coated Retriever/Labrador Retriever/Dalmatian/Shar Pei mix - lol

Hershey in his full coat, before a trip to the groomers:

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His weight as of last week is 70 lbs! Let me add more pictures to the first post

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
He's cute! He kind of reminds me of a Chessie.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! :311hi-thu hehe I like these emotes!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He is just gorgeous. I think he is a chocolate golden retriever. That side view really clinched it for me. Can really see why you fell in love with him, such a sweetie. Bless you for working at the shelter. It must be hard not to walk out with all the cuties.

·
Mom to Bailey & Burgundy
4,217 Posts
He is beautiful!! I can only IMAGINE what a ball of fluff he must have been as a puppy :) Thank you so much for all of the wonderful work you do for dogs who aren't lucky enough to have found their furever home yet!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Hi and welcome! Looking forward to more photos and some stories about Hershey!

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Hershey is SO COOL! A GReat looking chocolate Golden!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts