Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening! I am a newbie here. I am looking to buy a Golden Retriever to for my daughter to serve as her brace, support and mobility service dog. I am wanting to buy a healthy dog who will be a member of our family. Interestingly I can't seem to find any breeders with available puppies in my area (Near Washington DC) and several rescue agencies either in state or out of state have said so many applications are in front of us that it could be more than a year before we can receive a dog.

I have raised and trained poodles and cocker spaniels and am surprised that finding a dog for my daughter is going to be so challenging. Many of the breeders I had found have been discussed on this forum. That is how I found this place. I am hoping someone here can provide me some guidance so I can help my daughter regain her independence and our family can welcome a new member.

Elizabeth

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,591 Posts
Welcome, I moved your thread into the Choosing a GR Breeder and puppy section.

If you'll post where you're willing to travel or if you're willing to fly a pup home, members will give you referrals.

Good luck with your search

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I was also surprised at how long it could take to find a puppy from a good breeder when I began looking in 2017. Best wishes on your search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts