Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Kristy
9,818 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I saw the other thread you posted about Rio that he is only about 5 weeks old... What a darling picture of him sleeping... You realize of course that we ABSOLUTELY must have MORE photos!!! He just looks so cute!

How did you end up with a 5 week old? Do you all have any other dogs right now? This forum has a wonderful search feature, you may want to start playing around with it to learn more about the ins and outs of raising such a tiny baby. From what I have learned here, you all are going to have a lot of work to do to make sure he gets the socialization and bite inhibition he will miss from being separated from his littermates and mom so early. Is there any way you could let him go back to his mom for a couple weeks? I know it would be awfully tough, but he's just so young.... (and cute :)) Keep us posted!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If there was a way to get him to his mom, I would. I dont know where his mom is. I have researched the ins/outs of a pup his age. I have some experience though bottle raising pups who's mother passed away though (about 3 years ago). We will be working closely with our vet to make the best of this situation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts