Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Year's Resolutions for Horses
Dick, Williamsport, MD
I CAN walk and poop at the same time. I can, I can, I can.

I will NOT leave when my rider falls off.

My stall is NOT my litter box. When I have free access to my paddock, I will NOT go back inside to pee.

I will NOT roll in streams or try to roll when my human is on my back.

I will NOT leap over large nonexistent obstacles when the whim strikes.

I will NOT walk faster on the way home than I did on the way out.

I promise NOT to swish my tail while my human is cleaning my back feet.

I promise also NOT to choose that particular time to answer nature's call.

I will NOT bite my farrier's butt just because it is there.

I will NOT confuse my human's blond hair for really soft hay.

I will NOT wipe green slime down the back of my human's white shirt.

I will NOT blow my nose on my human.

I will NOT try to mooch goodies off every human within a 1 mile radius.

I will NOT lay totally flat out in my stall with my eyes glazed over and my
legs straight out and pretend I can't hear my human frantically screaming "Are you asleep?"

I will NOT chase the ponies into the electric fence to see if it is on.

I will promise NEVER to dump the wheelbarrow of manure over while a human is mucking my stall.

I will NOT grab my lead rope in my mouth and attempt to lead myself.

I will NOT have an attitude problem. I won't, I won't, I won't!

I will NOT pull my new shoes off the very next day just to prove that I can.

I am neither a beaver nor a carpenter. I promise I won't eat or remodel the barn or the new fences.

I WILL forgive my human for the very bad haircut, even though I look like a freak.

I accept that not every carrot is for me.

I will NOT do the Arab Teleport Trick when a bad/naughty/awful Horsasaurus Monster breathes at me.

I will NOT jump in the air and turn 180 degrees every time I see a bicycle.

I will understand that bicycles are NOT carnivorous.

I will NOT shy at familiar objects just for fun.

I will NOT bite the butt of the horse in front of me during the trail ride just to say "Hi".

I WILL put my ears forward and cooperate when it comes to photos.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
OMG, My boys are guilty of about half of those...just about everything except the spooking and jumping ones. Especially biting the farrier's butt and grabing the muck tub by the rope handles and tossing it like a frisbee! At me, of course. ;)

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm very familiar with this one.;):doh:

I will NOT do the Arab Teleport Trick when a bad/naughty/awful Horsasaurus Monster breathes at me.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
That's what Daz did but he has already promised not to do that again...or at least snort a warning that he's about to do that. Next time I'll believe him!:doh:

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Haha, Virgil is guilty of just about all of those.

·
Registered
102 Posts

Forgive an ignorant beginning horsie person; what the heck is this?

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
When you're sitting on the saddle and you and horsie are happily going in one direction, let's say North, then next thing you know you're on the ground still facing North but your horse is now heading in a Southerly fashion.

Or when you're in one part of the riding arena on said horse, then you blink and somehow you're now in a completely different part of the arena with no recollection of how you got there! (But at least you're still in the saddle!)

Reactions: cubbysan

·
Registered
102 Posts
OMG Ranger; that's so funny. I'm sure if you're the rider sitting on the ground you're not laughing, but still...:roflmao:

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Most Arabs are hot blooded and reactive and quick on their feet. My little guy was no exception. His reaction to a booger (i.e. Wal-Mart bag!) was pretty much instanteous. He usually went 8' to the left(or right) and immediately went back to the place we started in a heartbeat. A very quick little boom/boom leap to the side and back.:doh:

I did (and do) ride western and made sure I had rough out fenders with a lot of stick (rough-out leather) and nice swells on the pommel too. Saved my hide many times and I suspect will be dearly needed once I start working with my new guy once winter is over.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts