Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it's neat to find out other's traditions/superstitions that have to do with new years eve and day. I always have pork or ham for new years day (pigs move their nose forward) new years eve I burn a bayberry candle over night til it burns out to burn out the bad luck. I put money of all denominations on the window sills and new years day I take the money off and fill my pockets... what you do new years day you do all year (and i refuse to do laundry on new years day, because i don't want laundry to do all year... although I do laundry all year.)

What do you do as traditions or superstitions this weekend?
beth, moose and angel
and happy new year:artydude:artydude:artydude:artydude:artydude:artydude:artydude:artydude:artydude:greenboun:greenboun:greenboun:greenboun

·
Kate
21,677 Posts
I'm horrible when it comes to New Years Eve... I think because I don't drink, can't eat after 9PM, LOATHE fish, and have to get up early for church (Jan 1 is always a church day).

But in my family (except me) - everyone stays up to cheer in the New Year with nonalcoholic drinks, fancy cheese, herring (blech), and shrimp (double blech).

:D

New Years - we always get up early for church, visit friends, and get together with family. The dinner is always ham cooked with pineapple slices and cherries stuck all over it. And there has to be polish sausage and pickles. The greens are usually dressed up broccoli or Brussels sprouts. And the bread is usually rolls and rye bread (preferably Jewish rye bread which tastes better). :)

My sister and her hub just repeat Christmas dinner because they prefer turkey to ham... <- and the first time my sister did that, it had my mom crying because of the bad luck. o_O

1 - 3 of 3 Posts