Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted these pics in the slim down thread but felt it a good topic to start a new one. I'm so pleased with Bella's success story. Dogs are such good exercise partners and motivators. As the new year rolls in, I'm pledging to exercise (jog and walk) on a more regular basis. I'm glad that I have Bella to help me with my goals. It's a win/win for both of us. How about you?

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Wow, that's a great weight loss for Bella!

My Barkley and Toby were instrumental in my weight loss/dietary lifestyle makeover that I began on 8/2/08. They are the best motivators to get out there!

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
In the second of the first two pictures of Bella, it looks like the other dog is thinking, "Darn...I can't hide behind her anymore."

Great job is slimming her down. :dblthumb2 She looks like a completely different dog.

Penny looks great, too!

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Those before and after pics are something.....now maybe we humans should set a goal to post before and after pics at this time next year!

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Wow, good job both of you!!

They don't even look like the same dogs!

If only I could inspire myself to lose weight :uhoh:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think this is even a good thread just to remind everyone to stay healthy. I know there are times when it's cold out and I don't feel like taking Sawyer for a walk, but I would never forgive myself if it were me who caused him to be unhealthy.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
I could do it too if somebody kept the food where I couldn't get at it and portioned it out a little at a time! I'm my own worst enemy!
I used to say this all the time! It sure would have been easier for me to lose the weight, that's for sure! My Jasmine's all time high weight was 96 lbs and she weighs about 65-70 lbs now. I have lost almost 35 lbs over the last year and still have at least 20 lbs to go. If someone had portioned out my food, it would have been a lot easier! LOL. But I have learned to portion myself and I LOVE exercise (just like my dogs) so when we can do it together, we do, if we can't, I hit the gym.

·
Registered
103 Posts
wow! that doesn't even look like the same dog!
we work hard at keeping our julie in shape, with her missing a leg, our vet stressed to us how important it is to keep her weight down.
i showed my husband and my kids the photos of your dogs, and they were so impressed too! great job!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts