Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Kate
22,848 Posts
Looks nice! I’m mostly just bumping you up because I’m always looking for drying advice :)
But from what I understand, drying against the direction of growth first will get the bulk of the water out faster. Those who like to only dry in the direction of growth are typically doing it to help keep problem areas laying flat for a nice show finish.
I blow against the direction of growth (ie butt to head and belly to spine) first to get water out from the skin/undercoat, and then I blow the other way.... and repeat until the coat is dry and lying smooth..... that's routine drying and also when prepping minutes from showing.

ETA - I turn dryer to highest setting right from the start and that's basically all I use. If working with a pup or dog not used to dryers, I'd use lower settings.

·
Kate
22,848 Posts
Thank you Kate! Going to try this next time. I kind of blew it all the direction of this hair growth this time and she still seemed a bit damp :(

Jules
Yep - you have to get in under the jacket, otherwise dog feels dry (you touching the jacket) and you let off the table.... and dog shakes all that moisture out from the undercoat and that's when you get flips and curlies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts