Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gave Maggie her first bath in the new wash area in the garage. It worked great! I have questions about how to dry her with my new force dryer. Do you start off on high and then move to low as she dries or opposite of that? I hear go against the grain at first and then with but I am also hearing varying opinions on that as well. Thanks for any pro tips. Jules
Working animal Carnivore Fawn Table Wood

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Mammal Fawn

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Kate! Going to try this next time. I kind of blew it all the direction of this hair growth this time and she still seemed a bit damp :(

Jules

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, I know nothing about washing/drying, as I take Archie to a groomer...I definitely know my limits! Just ask my kids what it was like growing up when I decided I could cut their hair...actually just look at a couple of school photos 😆😂🤣. I did, however, have to pop on to say that your Maggie is ADORABLE!!!!!!!
Thanks Julie. I tried my older son's hair once, that was all it took!! :)

Jules

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How do you get her in that tub, by the way? I wish I had outside temperature controls for hot/cold water. We have terrible water pressure in our home. It's much easier to bathe Logan outside in the summer.

Edit: Ahhhh. I googled. I see the back is open?
Thanks for the info on the drying. Yeah, she just jumps in. I do pick her up to put her on the table but she only weighs 50lbs. My back is loving not having to bend over the bathtub in the house!!
Jules

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jules, that is a fantastic setup!! My back is incredibly jealous; with the cooler weather, in a pinch we have Barkley in the bathtub (so we can use warm water), and my back is sooooo sore after. Maggie looks amazing! Our babies are growing up nicely 💖
It is hard to believe 3 years have gone by so quickly!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts